PDA

View Full Version : 1996 GMC Sonoma 4 Cylinder

Bossman
08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I will install my generator next week. Still testing electrolytes. Have any information on location of gas or if we need to trick the puter please share. If need be I'll install a PWM.

gizzy
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I found on youtube a guy I beleive has the same truck as yours. He has like 5 segments on what he did. Anyhow go to youtube.com and type in hho gmc and that should give you a bunch of video's.

Bossman
08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Gizzy !!!!

godoveryou
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
There's someone with the handle "S10 Hybrid." He runs a very simple cell, it may be the same guy in the youtube videos, I haven't seen them. He likes to use 3 large plates, and only salt water and no ECM manipulation. I have trouble with some of his claims, but that's just me.

In your case, I'd recommend the following:

1. Scan gauge.
2. O2 Manipulator
3. Maf Manipulator

Once you adjust your O2, adjust your MAF, then readjust the O2.

The scangauge is important because you can get real feedback quickly, and in addition, if you over correct the O2 or MAF, you can quickly reset the codes and start from scratch.

Bossman
08-21-2008, 09:30 AM
I see a couple of flaws. one being he is injection the hho right past the mp sensor, that sensor can spark. I will inject mine right before the butterfly past all emmision sensors. I am going to buy a instant mileage guage that plugs into the OBD. I have my new plates ordered & going to order a pelican water proof box on my " BOSS CELL " :D

Bossman
09-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Well i was running my wires thriugh the fire wall of the truck, found where I wanted to run the wires through & got out the LONG drill bit. Drilled my hole & was trying to feed the wire through to no avail. I was puzzled. Started to rain so I started it & the truck ran like crap, RPM's went up & down & when I pulled it into the garage it would barely move:confused:, After further inspection I found I had drilled into the rear of the brake booster :confused::eek: $110.00 & 1/2 day wasted. What a dork !!!!:o

Moral of the story, Know where your drilling & don't be a DORK !!

hydrotinkerer
09-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Oouuch! The thought of that made my wallet jump.

Bossman
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Finally got everything installed in the truck. I had to remove the factory air box because thats where my cell went. 4" PVC. Replaced the air filter with a AEN cone filter ( like a K&N ). Wired everything with a toggle & relay. Filled up to the top & have driven 81 miles & it hasn't even come off the F mark. I'll have to run the entire tank to get my results. Most of this was around town. Thinking about buying a scan Guage II.

hydrotinkerer
09-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Finally got everything installed in the truck. I had to remove the factory air box because thats where my cell went. 4" PVC. Replaced the air filter with a AEN cone filter ( like a K&N ). Wired everything with a toggle & relay. Filled up to the top & have driven 81 miles & it hasn't even come off the F mark. I'll have to run the entire tank to get my results. Most of this was around town. Thinking about buying a scan Guage II.

Keep us informed of your progress. Hows the new brake booster working.:D

Bossman
09-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Drove 151 miles mostly around town , came home & filled it up & it took 3.5 gallons, thats 43.1 MPG. I myself find that hard to believe. Ordered the scanguageII & that will tell me for sure. Took it to show a buddy & he said that crap dont work. I told him to ge get a new bottled water ,soap & a big spoon. Pulled off my injection hose, pourd out a little water & added soap, I let that sucker pump out some serious suds. I scouped up the suds away from the vehicle & had him light it :D He is now a believer :p

hydrotinkerer he even said that booster sure is clean, I said dont ask :o.

I have changed m driving habbits. Try to get it in 5th ASAP but 43.1 around town is awesome. Before I was getting around 25.

Here is what I have

+nnnnn--nnnnn+ I was having heat issues & decided to wrap the cell. I used a bycle intertube to wrap it with zip ties.Pulling 15 amps when warm & haven't exceeded 130*

hydrotinkerer
09-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I never thought of a bike tube! I have the same gen setup right now. It gets hot after about 2hrs. I have been keeping it around 10amps. Didn't you have to work to get a tube over the cell? Did you cut the tube or use it whole? I tried splice tape, liquid tape, and I have seen what tool dip does. I almost broke down and ordered shrink tubing. I'll go try the bike tube. Thanks!

Bossman
09-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Got the tube at Wally World. Cut the valve stem section out. It was nice & square once laid out flat. I then cut it long ways & it's full of a white powder. Washed it in warn soapy water & then wraped the cell. Worked great.