PDA

View Full Version : Electric Hydro Car

Westcoastrocks
08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
This seems way to simple, so tell me why it won't work.

Hybrid cars work off batteries and the internal combustion engine. The breaks recharge the batteries. From what I understand people have modified their Prius to run on all electric with a range of 150-200 miles by adding more batteries. So my thoughts are this....

I would think that if a really efficient Cell can boost a cars gas mileage by 50% then multiple cells running off their own independent batteries would be enough to run the car 100% off HHO.

The batteries have to be charged constantly so.... why not have a few alternators that run off breaking and maybe the friction or resistance from the wheels moving to charge multiple batteries.

Could that work?

Westcoastrocks
08-19-2008, 12:57 AM
At least be able to get crazy good gas mileage?

timetowinarace
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I suppose it could be possible. The main considerations for projects like this is cost effectiveness and maintainance issues.

For a price, I could pull the motor out of my little nissan pickup and replace it with an electric motor. Not difficult to do. But just the cost of the batteries that would fill the bed of the truck would put a hurtin on me.

Westcoastrocks
08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Yes i would imagine the cost would be high. I know of some people that have done a full electric conversion to their vehicle. They say it costs around 8K-10K. I really think tho that you could do it for half that cost. if you could you would be off gas entirely. It does not take long to spend 4K in gas. So it would pay for its self really fast. For instance if your car got 20 MPG on a AVG tank that's 2,400$ a year you would spend of current gas prices if you drove a avg of 12,000 miles a year. So no more then 2 years to pay for its self. Plus you would get the satisfaction of sticking it to the man.

smartHHO
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I was always wondering why they just did not make a car that had 2 high power alternators that charged half the batteries while you drove off the other half. Then, when the first half got low, it would flip a switch and start using the second half while the first half charged. They do have high end alternators, and I am sure you could make a gear ratio that would have a very high output so the alternator could be going a high speed all the time. So, you would initially charge your car up. Then just start driving. I bet it is doable, but you have too many car companys that are in bed with BIG OIL and so they don't want to let go.

Genchaos
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I've been comtemplating an arrangement where the HHO would power a generator to (1) power the vehicle and (2) charge the battery bank. I don't think it would be difficult to have the generator auto start when the batteries reached a certain threshold. From what I have read a small motor would be much easier to run on HHo than a 4,6, or 8 cylinder motor.