PDA

View Full Version : Wire Gauge Size

Hawaiian
08-19-2008, 03:02 AM
What gauge of wire is everyone using on their systems? Are you using the same gauge for power and ground? just was wondering what the most popular wire gauge size is. :D

Dewayne
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The min. size is 12ga. stranded ( the more strands the better.) Yes, both wires are the same Ga.

godoveryou
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Depends on your cells requirements as far as current. 20 amp draw? 12g. 30 amp draw? 10g. and so forth.

Static HHO
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Greetings,

If you were wiring your car/truck for a WFC, I'd hope you'd wire it with the largest production/amp draw in mind. Say if the largest amp load you would want to put on you car/truck is 50 amps, then wire your WFC for that amp draw. ie My closed, dry WFC will draw 60 amps if I want it. For that reason, I'm wired with 6 ga on all current-draw conductors. Reason: you don't want any heat build-up in the wires, as this waste amps too. Do your bench testing and learn all you can about production (L/m ) at different eletrolyte/water ratios, it's amp draw at that ratio and heat build up. Apply what you learn when planning to install a WFC in you vehicle. cheers