PDA

View Full Version : Large capacitor Help.

Atechguy
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
HI! I see those huge Capacitors like in cars with huge amplifiers, 1farad up to 30 that help with lows points in there electrical system to help stablize the system when heavy draw from my acessories all on at same time,when using huge amplifier, this takes stress off alternator. Besides putting bigger alternator , is this helpful with us HHO systems less stress on alternator??:)

cully
08-20-2008, 06:20 AM
short answer is no it wont work
the reason being

capacitors are like a water Tank they need filling!
the reason they work in amplifier circuits are that the high current draw is only for a split seconds while the amp plays the low notes, giving the capacitor chance to recharge from the battery/alternator

a booster has a continuous current draw not giving the cap chance to charge putting extra strain on the bat/alternator trying to charge the cap and running the booster

sm0kin
08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
i had a thought similar to this but a lil different. Why not hook an Audio amplifier up. radio/1 farad cap/amplifier. if you use a test cd you can send different frequencies through the amplifier to the cell. cell power would be adjustable..however a sudden thought is the amp would see very high resistance almost infinite and might throw it into protection. some amps are designed to run in parallel at 1 ohm. 1 ohm resistor maybe. any thoughts?