Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Painless experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    painless, how much have you spent so far?
    In total, way too much, but then as you can see I've gone through several designs and trial and error tests.

My current generator, with 25 plates, could be built for less than $150.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

25!! good lord! what lpm are you shooting for?

I'm shooting for upwards of 2.5 LPM.

25 Plate PDC Mark II on the way!

I stopped off at Lowes on my way to work, armed with some more gift cards. Purchased four more threaded rods along with wing nuts, nuts and washers.

While at work this evening I have put the 25 plate PDC together and tightened all eight bolts. I performed a blow test (please insert the random comment or cliche of your choice here) and NO LEAKS!!!!!

Can't wait to try with water tomorrow morning before I get her properly wet!

I also purchased a couple of parts this evening to build a new design of bubbler I've been dreaming up over the last few days. My plan is to build one that will remove the dangerous vapours of NaOH / KOH that Smith03Jetta has identified as attacking our aluminum engine parts.

The bubbler is going to be mounted behind the grill of my truck, here it will receive a good flow of cooling air. The HHO enters the bubbler and travels down the long spiral of tubing which is tightly wound around and down the inside wall of the unit. As the vapours travel down the tubing, hopefully, they will cool enough to condense back into liquid. This liquid and the remaining HHO and uncondensed vapour will escape from the end of the tubing at the bottom of the tank and bubble up through the distilled white vinegar with which the tank is filled. The bubbler is made from 3" PVC pipe with an end cap and screw in inspection cap on the top.

Hopefully, this might provide a solution to the problem. I've saved some aluminum cans that I'm going to use to determine the results of the experiment. I've already proven that the cans will be consumed by dropping one (cut into pieces) into about a 10th of a gallon of distilled water with KOH in it and the lid screwed on tight. The canister was almost ready to burst within an hour.

I'll post results when I have them.

Westcoastrocks Guest
    I hope it works..cause I am at a stand still right now with my HHO Gen and thats just a freaking shame!

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Painless:
    Could you post some pictures of this monster you so graciously call a cell?

you could augment the cooling effect with a peltier chiller or TEC chiller.
    I used them when I water cooled my PC. Idled at 0C. 32C at load.
    they work and are solid state devices and would hold up to the under-hood environment.

there are many places to get them, but is one
    http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...30&page=1#tabs

Resago: Thanks for the link, I will definitely check those out.

Redneckgearhead: I did post a photo further up. I'm hoping to get it installed along with the new bubbler by this weekend and will post a video.

tec chiller

typical use would be a stainless tube welded to a plate.the plate contacts one side of the peltier.the other side of the peltier would be a heatsink. Apply current to the peltier.
    stainless tube would get cold, heatsink gets hot.

there ARE premade tube chillers, but I haven't used them and I would expect them to be more expensive, but maybe not.

peltiers on ebay are SUPER cheap! I just looked. get them there $7-$10 each!!