Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First off... which electrolytes NOT TO USE!

solo33 Guest

roller24

Hi roller24
    Do you have a current limiter on your H-generator? Sounds like your having thermal run-a-way problems. Go to youtube and put "zerofossilfuels" in the search engine. He has a pimer on PWM /current limiting. As winter gets here, we'll all probably have to add more elecrolyte to get the "cold H-generator" to put much HHO so a current limiter will be more and more required.

Klijanow Guest
    iv been useing bakeing soda, its been working for me but i dont have a fixed amount to use per liter or gallon. how much bakeing soda would create the most efficient mix ?

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Don't use backing soda it creates either carbon monoxdie or carbon dioxide and brown sludge. Use KOH or NaOh

screwballl Guest
    Many newer cars are using a recirculation setup that recirculates a good portion of the carbon-monoxide and carbon-dioxide exhaust into the intake (mixed with incoming air to dilute it). The CO/CO2 mixing with the incoming air may produce long term carbon build up but these are internal combustion engines, its going to happen anyways.

As for salt originally mentioned, I live by the ocean and there is a known reaction between dissimilar metals. Usually if lower grade Stainless steel (usually used for switch plates and cheaper screws/nails) is used in close proximity to salt water and/or aluminum, it will corrode faster and weaken considerably.

h2gen Guest
    I use Sodium Acetate, i.e. baking soda + vinegar.
    See
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Teil...e=channel_page

Cheers,
    h2gen

frls1666 Guest

Cool Best electrolytes

What is the best electrolyte to use? I'm building a torch not putting it in my car. So I just need the the best production of hho gas. I'v only used baking soda. not getting enough production. My torch is 38 plates 5" x 10" and i"ve put up to 100 amps to it. ishould be getting a huge flame and i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by frls1666 View Post
    What is the best electrolyte to use? I'm building a torch not putting it in my car. So I just need the the best production of hho gas. I'v only used baking soda. not getting enough production. My torch is 38 plates 5" x 10" and i"ve put up to 100 amps to it. ishould be getting a huge flame and i'm not.
    KOH is best for production but hardest to find and mose expensive. NaOH is second and easily obtained. It is just 100% LYE available at most hardware stores in the cleaning section. I use only KOH. I get 5% or so better production.

Latty

e-lites

Baking soda and vinegar just cancel each other out until you get a neutral solution. KOH and DISTILLED water works the best for me.
    No gunk build up very little rust and good production. I am still working on a way to get better volume of gas. I am in the process of expanding my plate size and concentration, then will start on refining the e-lite to my needs.
    I am not going to get into huge amperage systems.

koh is it as dangorus as lye

i know lye can do some damage if it get on your skin is koh dangerous also
    also i never seen koh in plumbing section do they have it at lowes or home depo
    ________
    buy property in Pattaya

Gary Diamond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chitown1234 View Post
    i know lye can do some damage if it get on your skin is koh dangerous also
    also i never seen koh in plumbing section do they have it at lowes or home depo
    Lowes does carry it, i never saw it at home depot