Thread: Retarding the ignition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flapdoodle Guest

Retarding the ignition

I made the first test of my latest generator with plenty of hydrogen. But if I retard the timing the vacuum drops, which I am sure makes it use more fuel.

Anyone here played with the timing using HHO?

alba Guest
    If you have a good and balanced engine without the device installed, i don't see the need for you to adjust the igniton timing..
    Anyway, I would like to know how you generate plenty of hydrogen with your device.. Can you please share..

Flapdoodle Guest
    I have made almost daily notes here:
    http://flapdoodledinghy.com/HHO_generator.html

Since the hydrogen makes the fuel/air charge burn faster it is necessary to retard the ignition to prevent ping.

FizzMaster Guest
    Flapdoodle, I can't be of any help regarding ignition timing but I wanted to tell you that your site is great! You've got a lot of good insights there.

You mention not adding electrolyte into a larger cell until the current maxes out but rather creating multiple small cells with less current flow. Why is that?

Flapdoodle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FizzMaster View Post
    Flapdoodle, I can't be of any help regarding ignition timing but I wanted to tell you that your site is great! You've got a lot of good insights there.

You mention not adding electrolyte into a larger cell until the current maxes out but rather creating multiple small cells with less current flow. Why is that?
    Thank you very much.
    Adding more electrolyte (making a stronger solution) results in more hydrogen, but also heat and plate erosion. Of course cell design and type of electrolyte etc are factors. Increasing the temperature runs the risk of thermal runaway on a hot day, which is guaranteed plate erosion.

truck4dog Guest
    Great website. Thanks for the info!