Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thermodynamic Explanation of why HHO improves MPG

c02cutter Guest
    I don't have a diesel, but there is a new sensor that is going into the new Cummings, Caterpillar, and a couple others that I know about. My company dose the laser welding for the housings if these sensors. They are exhaust temperature sensors, my understanding is one goes just after the turbo, the second goes into the downstream exhaust. From the 2 temperature readings it sends data back to the computer and makes adjustments to the fuel flow. It is part of an EPA thing to clean up diesel trucks. I have been doing these at 600,000 a year for 2 years and it is ramping up.

Just a heads up of something else to look for when dealing with a diesel. I can post some pictures of the housings so that a guy with a new Cummings can look to see if he has them in place. I do not know how they respond to HHO, but this may be a thing to look at on a new diesel. Just another thing that has to be over ridden...lol

havocs29 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    I don't have a diesel, but there is a new sensor that is going into the new Cummings, Caterpillar, and a couple others that I know about. My company dose the laser welding for the housings if these sensors. They are exhaust temperature sensors, my understanding is one goes just after the turbo, the second goes into the downstream exhaust. From the 2 temperature readings it sends data back to the computer and makes adjustments to the fuel flow. It is part of an EPA thing to clean up diesel trucks. I have been doing these at 600,000 a year for 2 years and it is ramping up.

Just a heads up of something else to look for when dealing with a diesel. I can post some pictures of the housings so that a guy with a new Cummings can look to see if he has them in place. I do not know how they respond to HHO, but this may be a thing to look at on a new diesel. Just another thing that has to be over ridden...lol
    The reason for those sensors is because with the new emission motors they have a particulate filter. When they go on it is like a self cleaning oven. They get so hot that there have been reports of flames coming out of the tailpipe up to 3 ft long. So when the filter activates the sensors will detect the heat and the computer will adjust what it has to to keep the temperatures to a minimal. Diesels are extremely advanced. There getting more advanced by the year.

c02cutter Guest
    Like I said, I only know I do these sensors and was bringing it to light. I have no experience with HHO and diesels other than what I have read. Just know these are being put in place now, and might have the possibility of being an issue. As they do input to the computer.