Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sp1r0 Cell

Quote Originally Posted by sp1r0 View Post

The Inner tube is .652ID, .750OD and the outer tube is .995ID, .1.125OD. With the coil in between it effectively doubles the surface area, which I figure to be (37.5x2)+(28.3x2)=~132sqin.
    Hi sp1r0,

As we all know Oxyhydrogen (HHO) gas is created only from the surface area of the "metal" of the anode (+) oxygen and cathode (-) hydrogen.

I thought you might like the surface area formula for wire -

[ 2 x Pi x radius x length = sq.in. ]

example - 100" of .035 dia wire

2 x 3.14 x .0175 x 100 = 10.99 sq.in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note - You can also use this formula for inside and outside tube or cylinder sq.in. surface area calculations
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,
    Fuzzy

sp1r0 Guest
    Yes, I knew about those calculations, and I'll use them when I'm finally done. I just wanted conservative #'s for now. The coils at least double the surface area. The coil in the first pic's in the thread is ~32ft long. The following coils for the next parts of the cell, will be 47ft,62ft, and 81ft long. I will not wind these by hand like i did the first. So...

Update: Got my .015 teflon tape to isolate the coils from the tubes, and it works great since it's self adhesive. My coil jig is being upgraded... Originally I made it to be wound by hand, but one day at work I got an idea. Now I have upgraded it using automotive windows motors. They run off of 12v and are high torque. Next week I should have the electronics for 2 high current variable voltage regulators for the motors for speed control. One motor will wind the coil on the tube. The other motor will guide the wire onto the tube. I'll start another thread on making a coil jig if anyone is interested.

sp1r0 Guest
    New vid's on youtube for the coil jig. Too tired tonight to post anymore. Tomorrow stage 2 of the SP1R0 cell. 1 more coil, and one more tube, and another vid on HHO production.