Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full HHO design

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime13 View Post
    im gonna try diferent configurations, to see wich is better,

first i will try +nnn- , then +n-n+, i could also try + - + - + , but i heard this last one is very ineficient and draw many amp wich much heat, im not sure. but ill try it!
    Ideal configuration is to use five neutrals between a positive, and negative.

Most alternators are providing somewhere around 14 volts (not just 12),.

And, for every cell (cell is the gap between plates), there is an approximate 2 volt drop.

With 14 volts input, and two volt drop per cell, the +NNNNN- configuration provides for the 14 volt to drop to a 2 volt output, at the ground lug.

14 12 10 8 6 4 2 anything less than the five neutral plates, yields too much heat, causing problems. Use minimal catalyst, and if need be add additional generators in the same configuration, but wire them in parallel, using separate fuse/breakes.

countryboy18 Guest
    that was the best explanation of how the power is used in a cell i have ever read. you rock!

so the best plate spacing is?

the best voltage between the plates is 2 volts.

the best number of plates is 5 N and 1+ and 1- in a cell

when you said wire multable cell in perallel that mean the there is a + and a - going from the battery to each cell?. not going from cell to cell?

Mindcrime13 Guest
    awsome, thanks for the post im gonna try that and see what i get, thanks!

ejohnson44004 Guest

plate configuration

I'n running a 4" CPVC generator with a 12 plate cofiguration set up like this +NNNN--NNNN+.The generator holds 2.5L of electrolyte (distilled water and 1 2/3tsp. of Sodium Hydroxide)The generator puts out 1.5LPM of HHO. and draws 17amps and seems to be running excellent. I've been running the generator for about a month with absolutely no problems. Good luck. Hope this can help.
    Forgot to mention, the plate material is no more than 2"X4" stainless steel light switch covers purchased at Home Depot. All plates were sanded in a cross hatch pattern and alcohol washed before installation.Plate separation is 1/16".

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson44004 View Post
    All plates were sanded in a cross hatch pattern and alcohol washed before installation.Plate separation is 1/16".
    What grade of sandpaper did you use for the cross hatching?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Chris65 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    What grade of sandpaper did you use for the cross hatching?
    I'm not the original poster, but I always use 36 grit paper. If you can't find it in the stores you frequent, most auto stores that sell paint and body repair supplies have it.