Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to install a HHO kit for the first time...

Viper77 Guest

Trying to install a HHO kit for the first time...

Hi everyone, first of all i´m glad i found this forum!

I received a few days ago a full HHO kit i purchased from h2ohybrid.org , thinking that i could avoid the learning curve to set it up, and boy i was wrong!
    I took a picture of it so you can check it out:

They claimed that installation was almost plug and play, what a joke!
    As soon as i opened the package and started reading their "instructions" soon i realized that not only it wasn´t plug and play at all, also a lot of parts were still missing in the puzzle, not to mention that trying to buy some parts outside the US could be a pain in the rear end!
    Also i think i´m the only person trying this kind of stuff where i live, Tenerife, Canary Islands (Spain)

So now i´m at the stage of having the generator and bubbler already phisically installed in my car, but i´m having a headache with the wiring, specifically the 30 amp relay, according to their instructions this is how i should wire it:

On the other hand, i found several diagrams like this one and also youtube videos wiring the relay differently as the pic below shows:

Which diagram should i use? I don´t want to screw up my car or any part of this package due to an incorrect wiring.
    If you check both of them you will notice that 85 and 86 are inverted.

Also i would like to know how to do the wiring to the car fuse panel.
    After getting that part clear also i would like to know how i have to connect the EFIE circuit they sent me called "Oxycomp-1", that according to them i need in order to make it work with a fuel-injection car.
    I learnt a good deal of this HHO stuff over the last week, but still a long way to go!

Thank you very much,
    Sebastian

timetowinarace Guest
    Ultimately they are both the same. The bottom one uses an additional switch.

Use the diagram they provided.

There should be a wire with a fuse clip on it so you can remove the ignition fuse and slip the fuse clip and fuse back in together.

How about taking the cover of the electrolyser(the biger box) and giving us a peak inside?

Good luck

JojoJaro Guest
    The 85 and 86 provide power to the coil. You should follow their wiring diagram.

justaguy Guest
    How about taking the cover of the electrolyser(the biger box) and giving us a peak inside?

LOL

timetowinarace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post

LOL
    Yep, I'm a nosey SOB.

yep, 85 and 86 are either side of the coil that engages the relay. Doesnt' really mater which one is connected to ground as long as the opposite is connected to the switchable voltage. It also doesn't matter if you swap 87 and 30. In fact quite a few automotive relays are designed so that you can plug them in upside down and they will still work.

Coincidentally 87a is a normally closed connection and opens when the relay is energized. So if you need a circuit powered up until you turn on your ignition switch...
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post

LOL
    That would have been the first thing I would have done...
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Hey Viper77

Is that a PWM in the photograph, the gizmo with the circuit board and switch ??

Fuzzy

Mindcrime13 Guest
    damm, thats like a 1K kit!

Viper77 Guest
    Thanks folks for your responses, i really appreciate it!

timetowinarace, JojoJaro and Q-Hack!: Thanks for the clarification on the relay wiring diagram, so i will use the diagram they provided, now it´s really clear!
    Due to the excitement of seeing it up and running I forgot to open the generator and installed it in the car right away, as soon as i can i will take pics from the inside, but first i need to make some brackets that are easy to unmount, not like the ones i have right now...
    Also now i´m wondering if the generator inside is made with stainless steel, the exterior is made of PVC.
    They give a 3 year warranty so i doubt they would put some crappy materials in it.

FuzzyTomCat: The gizmo with the circuit board and switch is an oxygen sensor or EFIE enhancer called "Oxycomp-1" made by a company called Environmental Development Systems.
    They didn´t me give a PWM, i don´t really know if i need one or not yet...

Mindcrime13: Actually i bought the smallest one suited for cars with 3.0L engines or less, it costed me $259 + $60 for the Oxycomp.
    When i purchased it seems they were in the middle of changing to a newer and improved model and they sent me the new one that shows in their website at $399 for the price of the old one, only that in their new pics looks like they´re shipping it with a PWM now, at least it doesn´t look like the same device i received: