Thread: Dehumidifier water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jimbo40 Guest

Dehumidifier water

Can I use Dehumidifier water in place of distilled.
    In a sense it is distilled , just not with steam.

Walt Guest
    I would bet the refrigerant coil on the dehu is less than sanitized. I would stick with distilled.

jimbo40 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I would bet the refrigerant coil on the dehu is less than sanitized. I would stick with distilled.
    Do I care how sanitized it is, after all im not drinking it.

Walt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo40 View Post
    Do I care how sanitized it is, after all im not drinking it.
    I think the point of distilling is to remove impurities. Then we add our own impurities in the form of KOH and such. My point is duhu water is only as pure as the air that passes across the refer coil. I doubt that would meet distilation standards...probably not even tap water standards.

jimbo40 Guest
    Agreed, but as for the water itself should be free from mineral and the like.
    The only thing in there would be germs and bacteria, which I would assume be killed quickly by the electrolyte and the process.

Cadillac Guest
    What is dehumidified water?

Dusty is not distilled i know that...

there's nothing worse than dusty water!!
    for me its like a new baby, baby drops dummy(soother) it gets sterillised before baby sees it again, later it gets run under a tap and when 3rd baby comes...a wipe on the jeans gets it sorted.
    i'm now using tap water (spring) and never have any issues as i clean it out every 6 months,...whether it needs it or not!!

there's nothing worse than dusty water!!
    for me its like a new baby, baby drops dummy(soother) it gets sterillised before baby sees it again, later it gets run under a tap and when 3rd baby comes...a wipe on the jeans gets it sorted.
    i'm now using tap water (spring) and never have any issues as i clean it out every 6 months,...whether it needs it or not!!

good one...