Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 F150

F150 Guest

02 F150

Im a newbie but I can at least tell you where Im at in the process.
    several 40 mile tests and only one 60 mile test
    19mpg at 5 amps
    22mpg at 10amps
    and no sensor modifications!

Hawaiian Guest

02 F150

Where are you injecting the HHO? Vac line or at the air intake?

F150 Guest
    vaccuum line only at this point. I spliced in with a tee fitting passenger side of intake. See the attached pic. My generator hides behind my head light.

Hawaiian Guest
    Nice. Are your gains steady?

F150 Guest
    Yes and no.
    Im consistant with 19mpg at 5amps and 22mpg at 10amps
    10amps boils my water after 20min

My work comute is 22miles each way so my tests are never longer that 30 minutes at a time. I do wait 60-80 miles or 2-3 days before fueling up and checking mpg. But I have yet to drive for an hour strait and see how things respond.

I know I need to work on the heat issue. There are many suggestions, parallel generators or add a small radiator. Im going to try increasing my water capacity, I figure it takes way longer to boil a gallon than 2cups of water.

I also noticed this weekend I filled up did about 30 miles of in town driving only. Constantly shifting and accelerating to get into next gear. When I filled back up to do a 60 mile freeway test I had gotten 9mpg! I may need to shut off my system when I drive in town. Or find out why people plumb HHO to both vacuum lines and air filter.

Long story. It works and Im a believer. Still learning alot.

smartHHO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by F150 View Post
    Yes and no.

My work comute is 22miles each way so my tests are never longer that 30 minutes at a time. I do wait 60-80 miles or 2-3 days before fueling up and checking mpg. But I have yet to drive for an hour strait and see how things respond.

I know I need to work on the heat issue. There are many suggestions, parallel generators or add a small radiator. Im going to try increasing my water capacity, I figure it takes way longer to boil a gallon than 2cups of water.

I also noticed this weekend I filled up did about 30 miles of in town driving only. Constantly shifting and accelerating to get into next gear. When I filled back up to do a 60 mile freeway test I had gotten 9mpg! I may need to shut off my system when I drive in town. Or find out why people plumb HHO to both vacuum lines and air filter.

Do you have a picture of your cell setup. 10 amps boiling does not make sense. I know to me it would make sense on cell design, if you boil at such a low amperage. The smack cell does not boil at 10 amps and thus puts out some high output. If you can show a pic of it or even the layout, IE +NN- and what spacing, that might be an issue too.

F150 Guest
    I was thinking it was because my container was too small and not enough water.

(+NNNN-) each plate is 1/8 x 1 x 5. This is in 20 inches of 1 1/2 PVC. Holds a half a liter of water.

smartHHO Guest
    I was thinking it was because my container was too small and not enough water.

(+NNNN-) each plate is 1/8 x 1 x 5. This is in 20 inches of 1 1/2 PVC. Holds a half a liter of water.
    I would say you need more liquid/space. I am using small for pure output test, but for the real deal, I am going to go bigger. Think of it this way.

Take a small pan of water and put it with some flame on stove to boil it. Time the time it takes to boil it.

Then do same thing with a pan that has 3 times as much. Takes way longer to boil. Same applies here. Physics stays the same. Takes longer for heat to transfer thru the water and by then the bubbles have cooled it some, so it only gets so hot.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    also the bigger the container the larger the surface area the more heat transfer

HALS-GUNSMITHING Guest
    Yes and no.

People plum to the air intake because at higher RPMs you loose your vacum.