Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 02 F150

JonDoh Guest
    Hey F150!

Here's a few tips I've learned from installing several units

1) Install the cell unit in front of the radiator
    2) Use a bubbler/reservoir to help recirculate the water from your cell
    3) Install a one way check valve in your supply line.
    4) Build a dry cell It'll lower your temp & amps with an increase in LPM

joe38socalif Guest
    HOW DOES

A bubbler/reservoir help recirculate the water from your cell

I have a 2002 F-150 Crew Cab with a 5.4 liter engine. I am running a single cell with a PWM installed. I made a trip this week that was 150 miles each way. I got 21.1 mpg going and on the return trip, I was hauling a refrigerator and a hot water tank and running against a lot of head wind and got 19.3 mpg. That was quite a surprise for me. Needles to say, I am very pleased.

I am interested in the bubbler that circulates the Naoh solution but at the same time, I don't want any getting into my aluminum intake and heads. Wouldn't you have to leave a lot of gas space above the liquid in order to control that and at the same time would it not make a large explosion in case of a back fire?

I am running vinegar in my bubbler right now and on my return I heard a pop from somewhere in my engine compartment. I stopped and checked and couldn't see any sign of a problem and can only speculate that it might have been in my bubbler and it contained it. It is made out of 1 inch schedule 40 PVC and would take a large explosion to rupture it. I think....

Smokem Guest
    That's usually only if you dump it wide open. I had to go from idle to WOT to get my 6.0 to dump vacuum. Normal driving and even aggressive accelerating it doesn't lose vacuum.

Smokem Guest
    hey f150!
    Got an update?
    My father has a 4.6 in his truck and wants to get something going and I was thinking this might be the route we go for.

hello F150. i am new to this and really want to get my 2000 F150 5.4 going. tired of 12 mpg. have you had to do anything with O2 sensors or maps?