Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Good Rubber Wrap For Cells !!!

Bossman Guest
    Tried it all. A bycle intertube wraped around the cell & held in place with zip ties works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    Tried it all. A bycle intertube wraped around the cell & held in place with zip ties works great.
    good to know, that way i dont have to buy liquid electrical tape.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

getexs Guest
    I found this by acccident,poored overheated electlyt from one of my first spiral cells in a 2 ltr coke bottle. I noticed that the bottle shrunk from the heat,So I cut the top and bottom off a 2 ltr bottle,put my plate stack in a pan on the stove and covered with water,brought to a rapid boil,lift out plate stack(use mits, steem is very hot) place inside bottle ,put both back in water until bottle shrinks to plate stack.I would post a pic but don't know how.

I hate to bring up something so trivial, but what is the advantage to wrapping your cell? And why not just use good ol electrical tape? The bicycle inner tube seems like a good idea.

I've used this stuff a number of times over the years on various projects/applications. Good stuff.

At one point I had some "repair" tape that wasn't specified electrical. It was similar. But I used it to repair a hole in a pool hose that I brushed up against with the lawn mower muffler. It held for the next two years and I never set the pool up again after that.

But I can't find that stuff anymore.

that is a great tip for wet cells. mike did a vid on youtube where he wrapped his with a rubber tire work great in comparison to a normal wet cell, but my guess it that tape would be way better than the tire..

wrap cell with tape?

I am still fairly new here but will wrapping the cell not prevent it from breathing and hence increase the temp, making it less effective? I have seen cells completely sealed in a silicon mold, but I don't trust that situation.