Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just want a voltage control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TreyNC Guest

Just want a voltage control

Can anyone help me with what I need in just voltage control. I don't know much about electronics at all. I think I need a DC motor controler, but don't know what all the electronic jargin is. I want to be able to go from 0-12v or so and be able to handle amperage that can go along with a generator. I have up to 30Amp fuses.

I was wanting to get something cheaper than a PWM and don't care about the pulse part. What do you guys think.

Lightbulb

Educate yourself before playing around with electricity.

BoyntonStu

Dewayne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Educate yourself before playing around with electricity.

BoyntonStu
    Would you read what TreyNC said.

"Can anyone help me with what I need in just voltage control. I don't know much about electronics at all."

He didn't say he was playing with it. So why don't you mentor him.

TreyNC Guest
    BoyntonStu,
    Educating is what I was trying to get from this board. I chase down electrical problems nearly everyday at work, not that they pay me to, but I understand electricity just fine in a broad spectrum. I just don't know about the finer points on electronics of what does what. If you could give me a credible source to learn from, kind of idiots tutorial of what means what thats fine or you could just say just get the PWM and don't bother with the rest. Or I'll not take the short cut and figure it out myself like usual. Was just hoping to get jump on the starting point so I don't start "playing around" with it.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyNC View Post
    Can anyone help me with what I need in just voltage control. I don't know much about electronics at all. I think I need a DC motor controler, but don't know what all the electronic jargin is. I want to be able to go from 0-12v or so and be able to handle amperage that can go along with a generator. I have up to 30Amp fuses.

I was wanting to get something cheaper than a PWM and don't care about the pulse part. What do you guys think.
    ILVPC-30 Dimmers
    http://www.sailorsams.com/mall/dimmers-ilvpc.asp

TreyNC Guest
    Thank you dennis13030.

Lascalll Guest

Investment to lower efficiency ?

You got the info you asked for, fine. This 30 amps DC dimmer is sold for $122 + shipping. A Qkits 30 amps PWM is sold for 18$ + shipping. Controlling the working voltage this way would only bring down the efficiency of your generator.

Think about neutral plates. It's easy to obtain & cheap to build. 8 plates forming 7 active gaps would run on a working voltage brought to (12-14 v / 7) = 1.7 / 2 volts per plates. Looks like this : + N N N N N N -. Then adjust your amps draw with electrolyte...

Most of every things we think of and sometimes try is lost somewhere on a bench. You can always find the results of those experimentations on a forum. Amps, voltage, generator gaps. It seem we are all trying to produce HHO over unity. We cannot invent power. Making an engine more efficient, we can do... Maybe testing is the way to improove HHO world but right now, we have billions cars to equip... And a planet to save ...

Have fun !

TreyNC Guest
    I'll do the math with the neutrals. I really haven't given them a lot of thought. I have as much room in my generator as I need, I can fit around 56 plates (not that I am doing that) with a .062" gap between, but wanted more surface area with greater efficiency to equal less heat. This is just my starting point for my experiments to improve my old V8.

sp1r0 Guest
    A rheostat like dennis13030 said would be easiest. Here's another source:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....user_Wildcards

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascalll View Post
    You got the info you asked for, fine. This 30 amps DC dimmer is sold for $122 + shipping. A Qkits 30 amps PWM is sold for 18$ + shipping. Controlling the working voltage this way would only bring down the efficiency of your generator.

Think about neutral plates. It's easy to obtain & cheap to build. 8 plates forming 7 active gaps would run on a working voltage brought to (12-14 v / 7) = 1.7 / 2 volts per plates. Looks like this : + N N N N N N -. Then adjust your amps draw with electrolyte...

Most of every things we think of and sometimes try is lost somewhere on a bench. You can always find the results of those experimentations on a forum. Amps, voltage, generator gaps. It seem we are all trying to produce HHO over unity. We cannot invent power. Making an engine more efficient, we can do... Maybe testing is the way to improove HHO world but right now, we have billions cars to equip... And a planet to save ...

Have fun !
    I agree...........