Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corolla results :)

plumabob Guest

Corolla results :)

1997 1.6 liter engine 3 speed automatic tranny( wish I had that 4th gear) 293 mile trip 65-70 MPH with AC on 100% of the time. Half flat roads half hills. Also includes about 1 hour of stop and go traffic as well as about 80 miles of local driving. Net result was 38+MPG. The only time I ever came close to this was 36.8 MPG doing 55MPH on flat terrain. I'm certain I would crack 40MPG at 55 and no traffic! I have an EFIE installed and MAP sensor enhancer. HHO at 1 LPM at 20 amps. My Pelican case has held up perfectly with no issues. I'm figuring on about a 25-30% increase in MPG conservatively. The EFIE is a MUST for these results, on my car anyway. Finally some progress!!!!

mario brito Guest
    Excelent !!!!!

And some said that it could not work.. pfff...

what is your efie set at? Also what kind of gen. are you running?

plumabob Guest
    I have my EFIE set at .370 and it's not throwing any codes yet. Here's a pic of my setup. I'm using pure powered Lye. Mileage actually improved when I turned my MAP enhancer way back down. My current tank I have it turned back to normal to see if it makes a difference. It would be nice to drive the car without fiddling with the knobs.

Wow and I thought a Toyota was economical. I have a 1998 Mitisubishi Mirage with 1.5L engine. I run 70 MPH 30 miles one way to work with AC (most of the time). I regularly get 38 to 42 MPG combined gas mileage without HHO. I wonder what I will get with HHO? I also know my car is running lean on it's own and can't figure out why. Guess I won't need an EFIE.

plumabob Guest
    Sooooo What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job

plumabob,

Congratulations, nice work!

You should post it on the TESTIMONIALS thread.

Cool setup, Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by plumabob View Post
    Sooooo What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    plumabob, I wasn't dogging you or your improvement at all. I am glad you have improved gas mileage, Bravo! I hope when you get an EFIE you get even better MPG.

I was just amazed that a Toyota as new as yours (my last one was a 1982 Corrolla), didn't get better MPG. I was getting between 30-35 (I can't remember exactly) between 1982-1997 on that car before a pickup pulled out in front of me an detroyed the best car I ever owned.

My current car (Mirage) has a problem of running lean. It's been like that for two years and I can't get it to run properly. I am hoping hydroxy will put some pep back into her and save gas at the same time. That's why the comment about the EFIE. I just wish I knew why it was running lean NOW.

Sorry if you misunderstood my comment, it was not meant to affend.

Cal

plumabob Guest
    Hey Farmercal no problem. Appreciate you coming back to clear things up. My Corolla with its 3 speed auto is only rated at maybe 32 MPG highway. 5speed will get you more. I do have an EFIE as I stated in my initial post. I thought my mileage for all the hard driving was pretty good. Just wanted to share with all. I have not seen anybody else with a 94-97 Corolla use HHO so it's a learning process. Hoping to improve mpg's some as I zero in my adjustments.

Bob