Ok I'm a newb. I keep getting this guy coming to my job trying to put together his own kit. I think he's crazy but this does look plausable. My truck is a 1984 Ford Ranger with the 2.8l carburated v6 and around 265k miles. It sat for 3 years and barely ran, I got my hands on it and it got 8mpg, after I tinkered with it, it now gets around 15mpg. I'd like more but the engine has seen better days, before I rip it out and replace it I'd like to see what I can get out of it. Everything seems simple enough I mean making the bubbler and generator is cake work but what I don't get is how do you control delivery? You know get the right amount/mixture. AFR. I've got a lot of automotive knowledge and I think I'm just over-thinking this. How do you keep it from going too "rich/lean" and I know you have to play with the timing. Do you need to play with spark plug heat ranges too? Like I said it's on it's last leg but I don't want to blow it to hell quite yet. Pretty much I want to know how do I go about setting it up once I build and install everything.(I'm too cheap to buy an actual kit)