Thread: a good 10 plates design?

Mindcrime13 Guest

a good 10 plates design?

what could be a good 10 plates design? post some ideas!

overtaker Guest
    With 10 plates I would drop down to 8 and space them all aprox. 1/8 " apart, wrap the sides and add power just to the 2 ends with none of the plates touching.

godoveryou Guest
    5 true cells with seperate dielectrics, 2 plates per cell.

From left to right

Acrylic Wall, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW

No leaks between cells. If you absolutely need to, drill a 1/16 or 1/32 inch hole in the bottom corner of each of the inner walls, as far away from the electrodes as possible. That way the water levels can balance and self level.

If it MUST be a 10 plate design, I would probably experiment with this config. especially because it is the Neg plates that produce the good stuff...

+nn-nn-nn+

Just a thought....
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Mindcrime13 Guest
    it does not have to be a exactly 10 pates design, is that i won a plates on ebay, end i thogut its better to do one cell with 10 plates that 2 with 5, plus i dont have to many room for 2 cells anyway,

so im really looking for good hho output design

overtaker Guest
    Then you need to tell us the size of the plates and the size of the housing you intend to use.

Typically, the +nnn-nnn+ works out really well....
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

SamB52 Guest

A little more detail, GOY?

Quote Originally Posted by godoveryou View Post
    5 true cells with seperate dielectrics, 2 plates per cell.

From left to right

Acrylic Wall, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW, +-, AW

No leaks between cells. If you absolutely need to, drill a 1/16 or 1/32 inch hole in the bottom corner of each of the inner walls, as far away from the electrodes as possible. That way the water levels can balance and self level.
    How would you wire that, GOY? Target current density and voltage across cell plates? If I could just get one concrete example I think I could begin to grasp the concepts...
    Thanks

Mindcrime13 Guest
    hm in never thogut of acrylic wall

anyway here are the plates i got:

Item Description
    Brand New 304 Stainless Steel.
    Total of 10 plates, 1.5mm thick, 2" x 6" L.

Stainless Steel 304 Plates Gauge 20 for you. Each plate is 2" wide x 6" long.

Two Holes Perfectly round, one measures 0.30", and the other measures 0.49" diameter holes in the plates.