Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacuum line vs. air filter

smartHHO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite757 View Post
    The check valves I get are from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hydrogen-Generat...QQcmdZViewItem

They ship quick and have never had a problem with them, have bought multiple items from them...
    Most excellent. I will be buying some here on payday I think. Says over a day left so should be able to get them tomorrow. Paypal for them on Friday. Thanks for the info.

This subject interests me greatly! I'm very new to HHO, but have developed a great interest in it over the past couple of months.

My first experiment was with the Water4Gas, which took my 87 22R Toyota pickup from 22 to 31mpg. (no computer in this rig, so less for me to worry about). Recently I built a smack's style booster, and initially tried to hook it up to the same vac port at the base of the carb (as I did with the Water4Gas) and within 10 seconds it sucked all the water out of the bubbler! I tried installing a "bubbler inlet" into the smack's, such as the Water4Gas version has, but it still sucked all the water out of the bubbler.
    The other issue I had was the heat! The smack's version started out with 18 plates, and after about 10 miles, I was afraid it was going to melt! Cold it was pulling 17 amps, and 21 after it heated up. I didn't know what else to do, so I removed 6 plates, and tested it again. Gas production was obviously down, but it solved the heat issue.
    In an attempt to solve the issue of the bubbler being sucked dry, I split the line that goes from the breather vent in the valve cover, to the base of the air cleaner, and inserted a "T". I've not driven enough to get any mileage results yet.

I had not thought of the high speed/low speed vac issues, and had not even considered the brake booster because I had read on these forums ,and other places, to not even think about doing that. But after reading this thread, it might be something I will try.

Yesterday, while wondering around Home Depot, I spotted some of the 6'X6"X4" electrical enclosures, and picked one up to experiment with building an enclosure that will better fit under my Toyota's hood. Does anybody have any experience/input on this design?

I'm kind of shocked at how much SS plate has gone up in price since HHO has gotten more popular. I'm a Blacksmith/Knifemaker by trade, and deal with steel and electrolysis everyday. In the not too distant past, you couldn't give away 300 series stainless sheet, but now a days its more expensive than 400 series stainless...which I've never seen before. (supply and demand I suppose).

Finally, just want to say Thank you to everyone here. So far whenever I've run into an issue with HHO, I've always been able to search around these forums and get some insight.
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

bigapple Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS View Post
    Yesterday, while wondering around Home Depot, I spotted some of the 6'X6"X4" electrical enclosures, and picked one up to experiment with building an enclosure that will better fit under my Toyota's hood. Does anybody have any experience/input on this design?
    yes... ive bought 3 of those boxes... all i can say is, if ur having an issue with heat rite now, problems will only begin to arise with those once u throw it under the hood... mine had a tendency to crack everywhere possible with all the expanding and contracting of the high temperatures... these are great for testing but actually using it is tough... it doesnt work well with pressure and temperature and those r two things that most people use to their advantage with hydroxy production... id say go with polycarb (lexan) material... go to an industrial plastics shop and buy a slab of it... i bought a slab of 20X24 1/4'' thick for about 40 bucks... it works great and is temperature resistant but id suggest upgrading to 3/8'' thickness... good luck