Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T Boon Pickens Plan

T Boon Pickens Plan

While this isn't exactly HHO issues, it is probably the first real organized effort to ween America off of our Seven hundred billion dollar "a year", oil thirst!

That is almost tripple, the cost of the Iraq war, and we spend it every year, with prices dramatically rising.

This man is spending fifty eight million dollars of his own money, to shift us away from oil, and diversify, our energy needs, through wind, solar, natural gas, and more.

He states that the USA produces 98% of the world's natural gas, and that if we could convert to Natural Gas, for transportation, we could supply our needs at a cost equivilant to $1.50 per gallon of gasoline.

Town hall video, is long, but well worth the viewing.

Links:
    http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

http://www.pickensplan.com/news/2008/08/04/video-of-the-topeka-town-hall/

volomike Guest
    Yeah, saw that the other day. Rather liked it. There's only one catch, however...

I recall reading a Forbes issue back in the 1980s about this T. Boone Pickens guy. Says he is a stock raider and he took over Weyerhauser. When he did, one of his goals is to sell off a good portion of its assets and then sell the company at a bargain price. The new buyer then gets ripped off by finding that the things they need to run the company properly have been sold off.

Well, as it turns out with Weyerhauser, Pickens went and cut down huge forests full of trees much faster than they were intended to be cut, ruining the environment. Sure, it was within Weyerhauser's right to do that because they owned those lands, but until that point Weyerhauser was being a responsible steward of the land most of the time, never cutting down too many trees in an area, and always replanting a couple years after they cut the trees down.

Wish I had that article. Perhaps someone else can deny or confirm.

However, this Pickens Plan is a sensational idea, regardless of the credibility of the man who started it.

Butch Guest
    I have seen his TV spots for months now..... not saying he has, but mabe he has turned his life arown... I must check to see if his plan has a Forum and see if HHO is in the Big Plan.

I seroiusly doubt that his plan considers HHO, as his basics are wind generators, and natural gas. Although he does mention other means of energy.

Still, the ecconemy needs all the help it can get.

In addition to T Boon Pickens, I read the other day (on HHO forum), about a man named Lindsey Williams (preacher), who got himself invited to sit in on about three years worth of oil well drilling, on Alaskas north ridge..

He says Atlantic Richfield hit what is known to be the worlds largest oil field known to mankind, and that it has enough oil, to keep the USA at its current consumption rate, for the next two hundred years.

But, because Henry Kissenger, cut a deal with Saudi Arabia, in the 70's, we are obligated to use their oil, because they agreed to pay down our national debt, in return for oil profits (?)

I don't remember the link, but I'll search for it, and try to post it.

Also, in that same oil strike, thay hit Natural gas, and are supposedly putting something like one billion cubic feet of it back into the ground, every two days (and have been, for 30 plus years).

In his story, he says a VP from Atlantic Richfield, got fired, because he let Williams sit in on the find (who later wrote the book).

Supposedly, the VP got so pissed at the oil company, that he helped to re-write the book, providing far more information, and facts.

Searching the youtube.com page, enter Lindsey Williams, and you will find he did an 8 part video, on this. There are also many other of his videos, but all 8 segments are found there.

They are listed as part 1, part 2, etc.

IMHO I believe that Pickens has some AWSOME ideas, and I also believe that his plan will fly...

My home is lit with solar and wind, running on a grid tie system so you can imagine why I am an advocate of solar/wind/nat. gas....Its just right...
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

volomike Guest
    Dane, now that's an interesting bit of news. Let me know if you can think of the book. I'll have to read that.

I understand the deal that Kissinger made, but what I dont understand is

1..Why is USA debt getting bigger when the saudis are supposed to be paying it down...I mean I saw a fella when I was over there--he had a diamond COVERED (completely) car, and was charging folks 1k american just to touch it!

2..The USA gets MOST of its oil from Venezuala so the deal had to be with an organization such as OPEC..If thats the case, then why do we need just the saudi money?
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

As I understand it, the overwhelming majority of our national debt, has been created since the 9 -11 situation. Kissenger made the deal in the 70's.

But then who really understands the wisdom, of government?

Who would establish sub prime loans, and make then available, for low income people to obtain multiple households? How could that particular sitiation not fail?

I think McCain is onto something with funding the Battery Contest....He is willing to give a large ammount of money to whoever comes up with a battery that will make us all VERY HAPPY!

Right now, we are able to generate energy and capture energy, but we lack an efficient means to store and release the energy....If we can overcome this bottle neck, we have got it made....

There is a company called Zendd industries who created such a battery, but the down side to it is that if you so much as even fart near it, the thing becomes unusable...Great for solar and/or hydro power where the battery will rest undisturbed, but in most other apps, it falls short simply because its just to fragile.

Pickens has the right idea as well...exploit existing alternative energy until a suitable energy source is perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by volomike View Post
    Dane, now that's an interesting bit of news. Let me know if you can think of the book. I'll have to read that.
    He has written several books, but the one I write about is called "The Energy Non-Crisis"

Link: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

On this page, there are 839 results for "Lindsey Williams" many are posted by him, others are posted about him.

I videos I speak of are listed at the above link, as: The Energy Non-Crisis part 1 0f 8 (pert 2 of 8) (part 3 of 8, etc.)

It is very interesting, but takes an hour and a half to view, in all.

Not that it is substanciated, by Ken Frome (not sure of the proper spelling of his name), former VP of Atlantic Richfield.