Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T Boon Pickens Plan

Pickens

My only problem with Pickens is I heard he is heavily invested in wind generation companys. Adveretising his plan may be a way to line his own pockets. With that said, it may be a good idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    My only problem with Pickens is I heard he is heavily invested in wind generation companys. Adveretising his plan may be a way to line his own pockets. With that said, it may be a good idea anyway.
    You know it...
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

SamB52 Guest

Lindsey video

Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    He has written several books, but the one I write about is called "The Energy Non-Crisis"

Link: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

On this page, there are 839 results for "Lindsey Williams" many are posted by him, others are posted about him.

I videos I speak of are listed at the above link, as: The Energy Non-Crisis part 1 0f 8 (pert 2 of 8) (part 3 of 8, etc.)

It is very interesting, but takes an hour and a half to view, in all.

Not that it is substanciated, by Ken Frome (not sure of the proper spelling of his name), former VP of Atlantic Richfield.
    I stayed up one night and watched the whole thing. I kept watching it, thinking "what a remarkable conspiracy theory"...but every time I saw the audience I thought "what is this thing?" Did you see them? He gave his speech at a bingo parlor, or maybe a retirement center...

But what he said doesn't hold water...the IMF and World Bank are manipulating energy prices... ? Those guys make money whether oil goes up or down. It's far more accurate to say that the oil futures market is responsible for oil prices. No longer actual costs or actual demand and supply, but projected supply and demand. That's why the price of oil came down so much right after T Boone came out with his plan, and Newt Gingrich started his Drill Here, Drill Now campaign. Suddenly the oil futures boys began to lose their confidence that demand would continually rise and supply would fall with foreign instability...
    Even the dollar became stronger when monetary speculators began to understand that the US would not continue down the path of being whiny, holier-than-thou, do-nothing-but-complain environmentalists, and might actually get up off their butts and 1)drill now and 2)innovate. Drilling is the stopgap for near term, and innovation is the longterm answer, as it always has been throughout the ages.

That's why places like this forum are so dam important!!!

MIT's lab is using cobalt and phosphate, so I'm adding that as my electrolyte next week...more info = better innovation.

So keep the info coming!!!!

I would also speculate that what we see out there in general is less conspiracy and more complacency, more bureaucratic bog.

IMHO, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by SamB52 View Post

But what he said doesn't hold water...the IMF and World Bank are manipulating energy prices... ?
    He is not the first to say this... There are many who believe that the IMF and World Bank set the prices on many things around the world. They basically have no oversight on what they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN7SLdbk
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    He is not the first to say this... There are many who believe that the IMF and World Bank set the prices on many things around the world. They basically have no oversight on what they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN7SLdbk
    Even though I started this thread, I like to go back and review the videos.

I note in review, that I misquoted Lindsey, when i said one billion cubic feet were pumped back into the ground, every two days, as he actually said it was done every 24 hours (one full day).

Now, that it has been announced that the new Governor of Alaska, is running for VP, shouldn't these points need to be posed to her, as well as John Mc Cain, in relation to supply/demand ecconomics of Crude Oil, vs the ecconomic needs of the USA?

Anyone got any contacts with radio, or TV, to get the question properly posed on airwaves?

Certainly the Governor of Alaska, is aware of this, and must come clean on it, if the country is made aware. Or run the risk of pissing everyone off!

With part of the book being rewritten by a former VP of ARCO, who would be stupid enough, to deny it?

Remember, Lincoln said You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people, all of the time.... But you can't fool all of the people, all of the time!

With the cat out of the bag, in the form of ARCO's former VP making these claims, McCains ticket probably wouldn't risk lieing to the people, when he is behind in votes

McCain, wouldn't have the wiggle room, to deny it, but he might use Alaskas delicate climate, as a reason not to persue it. Just as they have, with Florida's shore line.

Only, in this case, the wells are already there, and wouldn't need ten years, to bring the crude to the cracker, and on to the pumps.

Having this question properly posed, using the right channels, will dramaticly increase awareness, of the Alaskan Oil, as well as boost membership/awareness, in HHO/energy forums, etc.

volomike Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    You're right, although I suppose I don't blame him.

I mean, let's say you're a billionaire sitting at home and you happen to read a report with statistical proof that shows that the USA is sitting on the "Saudi Arabia" of wind force, the likes of which is not equaled anywhere in the world. You then do the math and realize the economy of scale here, where you forecast the price of gasoline in the future, and the efficiency of windmill power these days. Yeah, heck yeah, you might go out and build a whole bunch of wind farms with your own cash, and then reap in the profit.

However, in that profit, you might also help others, actually. So, we'll just have to wait and see what turns up when he starts to sell the power from these wind farms to the electrical power companies.

I wouldn't trust Pickens as far as I could throw an an elephant! He has never done a thing that didn't work out in his favor.

Last week he bought control of General Electric, at bargin a bargin price during the big drop on Wall Street. He now owns the the infrastructure to produce and market the devices you will need to take advantage of his plan.

Even if his plan is not adopted, he will make money from GE's current and vast range of products.

If you shake his hand, be sure to count your fingers afterwards.

Davehho1 Guest

oil

Stick a fork in us, were done.