Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Better electrode material? - Gold, silver, titanium, etc...

iiapoxii Guest

iiapoxii Guest
    what about combining the metals? i am no expert, but it would make sense if we like the stainless steel conductivity properties, and the titanium anti-corrosive properties, how about melting them down on a 1:1 ratio and making a plate out of that... or out of other metals as well?

Thanks for going through the trouble of finding that link for me

There are a few issues I can see with using hard drive disks, or "plates".

First off, it would take at least...... 8 to 16 hard drives to make it even worth building, otherwise the production just wouldn't be worth the trouble of the build. Eight to sixteen dead hard drives is not easy to come by unless you're like me (total parts geek) and have been saving the dead ones for years knowing those disks would be useful someday for something
    Next off is the material they are made of. Yes, they are coated with some good stuff that might prove to be long lasting in the KOH environment, but under that micro thin layer lies a core of aluminum , at least in the old hard drives before they switched over to ceramic and glass.
    Aluminum is one of the key materials used in the chemical process of splitting water. I think KOH or NaOH is the other ingredient, and of coarse, water. So if the micro thin layer ever gets scratched or eaten away, the generator might have a runaway chemical reaction with no way to stop it. Even if the fuse blows, it wouldn't matter since the HHO is now being made chemically without the need for electricity.

So here's the big question of the day...

How is it that I could monitor the generator in a way where a runaway chemical reaction could be detected, and then, after detection, how can I stop it?

iiapoxii Guest
    ahh, i see. i didnt know what the plates were made of. and i am like you, i still have floppy drive ribbon cables as a 'just in case' insurance... lol. are all the plates from all the manufacturers made of the same medal? in my expierence, old hard drives are VERY easy to come by, even free....

junglefuel Guest

electrodes

Hi Guys, My first time in a forum so bear with me.
    I have been building hho cells for 4 years now and have spent thousands of dollars in R&D. I now use Titanium elctrodes and can tell you that it works great if properly done. No red mud water stays clear and amps are at 15 cold and 20 hot, 120 degrees. Now I have over 150 units in service and not had one fail. Loged 400 hours on one cell tore it apart and it looks like new. Easy to build less than 1 hour start to finish. Can not say how long the life expectancy is do to the fact that I have not had one fail. Since I am a newbie here I do not if it is ok to share or sell electrodes. I do have a web site with a poor video showing one of my cells in action, if it is ok to post the address please let me know. I am willing to share my findings with you folks as long as I am not stepping on anyones toes.

Quote Originally Posted by junglefuel View Post
    Hi Guys, My first time in a forum so bear with me.
    I have been building hho cells for 4 years now and have spent thousands of dollars in R&D. I now use Titanium elctrodes and can tell you that it works great if properly done. No red mud water stays clear and amps are at 15 cold and 20 hot, 120 degrees. Now I have over 150 units in service and not had one fail. Loged 400 hours on one cell tore it apart and it looks like new. Easy to build less than 1 hour start to finish. Can not say how long the life expectancy is do to the fact that I have not had one fail. Since I am a newbie here I do not if it is ok to share or sell electrodes. I do have a web site with a poor video showing one of my cells in action, if it is ok to post the address please let me know. I am willing to share my findings with you folks as long as I am not stepping on anyones toes.
    PLEASE post anything you have!!!!! From time to time we all step on each others toes but we are all big boys and can deal with it.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Hi,
    Can somebody from US ask for sample of nanographic material to them?
    I'm sure it should be the best for electrode.

http://www.appliednanotech.net/ANI/n...icles_home.asp

Quote Originally Posted by stephane View Post
    Hi,
    Can somebody from US ask for sample of nanographic material to them?
    I'm sure it should be the best for electrode.

http://www.appliednanotech.net/ANI/n...icles_home.asp
    Stephanie, I now have in my possesion 18 plates coated with nano particles of this same composite from the origional inventor. In the near future I will build a cell with these plates and we all can see the results. This process is very very expensive and until we can see some results I would not advise anyone else spending their money. One is enough. I am now eating just day old bread to make up for the money these things cost. In a month or so I should be able to add meat back into the diet. Stay tuned I will happily share the results.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.