Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Better electrode material? - Gold, silver, titanium, etc...

junglefuel Guest

electrodes

Ok then go to breathablefuel.com
    Also the cost of one set of three electrodes is $200.00 neg pos neg and are 3" x 8" and are fitted into a 4" abs pipe.
    Tony

Shadfurman Guest

platinum electroplated carbon fiber

I'm looking for platinum/rhodium electroplated carbon fiber for my hydrogen evaporator cell electrodes, high surface area, corrosion resistant, and the platinum is a catalyst.

r2d2michael Guest

osec cells

i build these cells at work and installe them. the plates are titiaum with the coating only on one half of the plate. so the other half is bare titiaum. this we call bi-polar. iv tried useing these cell plates just to make hho. they dont produce as much i wanted but still work and the coating lates about 3-5 years if running 24hrs a day.

Best anodes

The best anodes to use are Iridium Oxide coated Titanium. Best catalyst for long life. You don't generate any toxic chrome sludte and you get low voltage. Don't use swimming pool chlorinator anodes. They have ruthinium oxide catalyst which won't last as long. You need Titanium anodes? I make them.

Titanium Question

Hi Mike, you say you make the Iridium Oxide Coated Ti anodes, how much are they per plate and what size are they, and what would you use for the cathode? thanks

In the science lab at my college it wasn't feasible to have a tank of hydrogen, so they have a machine that produces it as needed through electrolysis.

This machine uses platinum plates and is quite expensive. But I feel that in a science lab they know which materials produce the best hydrogen.

titanium

one of my buddies tried using titanium tig wire to build a wet cell.running straight off of the battery. it produced very little gas, so we switched to stainless. it worked much better.

Iridium Oxide coated Titanium

Mike,
    How do we get hold of you?
    For the anodes
    Thanks
    361-216-4060

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Diamond View Post
    The book is readable online at http://www.archive.org/stream/applie...ge/n7/mode/1up

BTW,
    It is sad (and weird) that research didn't evolve much since then (1917)! in the electrolysis and HHO field ... well energy in general. Some examples (as I recall):
    - Diesel (1858-1913) was the inventor of the Diesel engine, originally designed it to run on peanut oil (bio-fuel, vegetal oil) in 1897 !
    - Ford designed the Model T Ford, to run on (ethanol) alcohol – "the fuel of the future", he said - but oil companies commercially induced the change to gasoline?
    - The concept of HHO for fuel dates back to around 1781 (Cavendish)?
    - 90% of the cars produced in Brazil in the last decade can run on pure Hydrous ethanol (90% ethanol and 10% water) resulting in a 10HP increase in power?
    Petroil companies really kept us dumber (and poorer) for a century. Welcome to the free-HHO era...
    -------------------------
    6x6 plates (304SS)
    Currently researching on:
    - Al3O2 .5 micron-spheres blasted to Ni-plated SS electrodes
    - Hydrophilic center-cell tissue spacers
    - Neoprene pressure builder in HHO outlet associated with pre-cell water pump
    - Ni-Ti (.016") filaments welded to SS electrodes to guide current distribution
    - Organic Polymers (selective membrane, electrode life, solid electrolyte, etc)
    -------------------------