Thread: The best Ratio for ''''AIR : HHO''''

The best Ratio for ''''AIR : HHO''''

It looks like we are using HHO very half hazardly. I see HHO to Air at ratios that are ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    450:1 to 5400:1. I think we should be able to narrow this down to a useful number .

Example.
    6 liter engines having 4 LPM of HHO pumped into it at idle 600 rpm that’s 450:1
    1.8 liter engines having .5 LPM of HHO pumped into it cruising at 3000 rpm’s that’s 5400:1

I know there is not a set amount of HHO that is best for all vehicles. But the ratio of air to HHO should be fairly close, for all Gas engines. (Without having to change engine ignition timing) I think there has to be a point at which the ratio is to much HHO and performance declines.

What do you guys think?

Ratio

Roland Jacques,

I think you are correct, but present generators cannot even approach the quantity to cause the need of a timing correction.

The output of present generators can barely make a lawn mower engine idle.

I think that is why no one discusses it.

I agree. I think we are all adding a slight trickle off HHO when you compare how much outside air is going through the engine. Once you start making true hybrids that would be a crucial thing to know.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Roland Jacques,

I think you are correct, but present generators cannot even approach the quantity to cause the need of a timing correction.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHOhoper View Post
    I agree. I think we are all adding a slight trickle off HHO when you compare how much outside air is going through the engine. Once you start making true hybrids that would be a crucial thing to know.

According to all data that I can find, HHO at current rates, do in fact advance the flame speed and spread. Present HHO generators do need timing correction. "Most" modern auto Ignition automatically correct for that so many cars do see a problem.
    Not all vehicles / ICE ignition timing compensate automatically. So…

To quote Hydrogen boost systems
    "We took periods of acceleration that matched parameters and then averaged the ignition timing advance during those times. The average timing advance without hydrogen and fuel heat was 18.5 degrees, and the average timing advance with hydrogen and fuel heat was 13.125 degrees. This verifies a retarding of the timing by 5.375 degrees, with the addition of hydrogen injection and fuel heating. "