Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JACKPOT! - Plumabob/Smith Model Works!

Smile JACKPOT! - Plumabob/Smith Model Works!

Fantastic News!

My father and I have been lab partners from the beginning and we now have a generator that works. It's using the 1300 pelican box and the plate design that Mr. Smith demonstrates. It produces at about 1 LPM at a little under 13 amps and reaches a max temperature of 135 degrees. When this thing is on, you can't stand too close because you start to choke due to the high volumes of hydrogen that come out!
    So my pop put this thing in his 1994 Chevy Suburban that has about (I'm not kidding) 350,000 miles on it (and it still runs fantastic). His gas mileage before the generator was about 12-13 MPG on average. Well after having completed this gem, he was a little disappointed when his MPG only went up to 15. And for some strange reason, he was smelling gasoline all the time. Well after doing some poking around after driving it for about two weeks he discovered that the gasoline smell was coming from a loose pipe nut on the fuel filter that was leaking gas all over the place!! So with spewing gasoline all over the roads of Utah, that generator was still putting him with an increase! So now that we've shut off our gas sprayer, I'm really excited to see what that old beast does! He affectionately refers to the Suburban as "Abraham."

I'm going to post some pictures of the generator to share. My pa and I wish to thank Mr Smith and Plumabob for their hard work and research - it has really paid off and is working like a charm. They get all the credit for this one. I'm now going to build an exact replica to try in my Grand Prix and we'll see how that does.

WOO HOO!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

scrode Guest
    hey HHOhoper what part of Utah you from?
    So with spewing gasoline all over the roads of Utah,

I live in Spanish Fork.

Scott

Riverton (South Salt Lake Valley)
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

No gains.

scrode Guest
    cool, I grew up in Granger( West Valley). and I drive to midvale every week to play my guitar with friends. Wife made me move to Spanish Fork because of work, but now drives back to SLC every day so thats what got me interested in HHO. so now I'm stuck in happy valley.

Very nice! I was wondering when I was going to run into a local!

No gains.

plumabob Guest
    Very Cool HHOhopper,

I'm glad my plate design is working for you and Smitty's Pelican case is a winner as well. It does pump out lots of HHO at low amperage and will never overheat as you have seen. For under 50 bucks you can build a Generator using an 1150 Pelican case thats basically bulletproof. Mine is working perfectly. Would like to see some new results when you get that gas leak fixed!

Congrats,

Bob

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Thanks for the "Thanks". I'm glad it is working for you. I've made no adjustments to my two cases in a long time. They are holding up just fine with absolutely no problems. I should have used one of those cases earlier when I first thought of it. I just wasn't sure enough about HHO in general when I first got started to spend the extra money on the Case. It's a whole lot easier to spend 10 or 15 bucks at a time than to drop $50.00 at once on a plastic box. You get what you pay for...

I removed the checkvalve from near the handle on both of my boxes. I'm wondering if your checkvalve is leaking any? If it isn't then that's great. If it is leaking you can run a SS bolt through the hole with a gasket on each side.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I was wondering where you aquired you ss from. Also what gauge/thickness you used. Or does "smith" offer a manual on a website or something

volomike Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HHOhoper View Post
    His gas mileage before the generator was about 12-13 MPG on average. Well after having completed this gem, he was a little disappointed when his MPG only went up to 15.
    Okay, some time has passed and you found the fuel problem. What's the MPG now?

Smith03Jetta Guest
    "Smith" does not have a website or a manual. Please search this forum for my "Touareg" thread or my Jetta thread. If you look at the Jetta Thread start reading at post #190. The Touareg thread shows my latest design. It makes 1.5 liters of HHO at around 23 amps. Low Temperature Cell. I built it in one evening.

316L Stainless Steel - 18 gauge - Available at Sheet Metal Shops.