Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Temperatuer feedback pwm

Heater

BoyntonStu,
    The operation of the winter circuit would be unattended, while the engine is off. I wouldn't want to generate any HHO without the engine running. I feel safer running a heating device on the outside surface of the gen.. Also need insulation of the gen.. Want to use the least power as possible.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    BoyntonStu,
    The operation of the winter circuit would be unattended, while the engine is off. I wouldn't want to generate any HHO without the engine running. I feel safer running a heating device on the outside surface of the gen.. Also need insulation of the gen.. Want to use the least power as possible.
    Hi!

What I suggest doing first is to place a small sample of your electrolyte in your freezer overnight.

If it is not frozen by morning, you don't have to worry.

If it freezes, there are many electrical heating options that will supply just enough heat to keep the electrolyte from freezing down to Arctic temperatures.

BTW Have you tried to apply voltage to frozen electrolyte just to see what happens?

BoyntonStu

P.S. If you supply less than 1.23 Volts per cell, no gas will be generated.

Hi BoyntonStu.

I am going to put a sample of electrolyte in the freezer overnight, just to confirm it will freeze.

I won't do any electrical experiments with frozen electrolyte. The reason is, I use glass jars. If I let the electrolyte freeze, thawing it will be the least of my worries.

I am going to order a 100 cup heating element, looks like a braided nichrome deal. It will draw about .25 amps at 12 volts. Will wrap it around the bottle, then insulate the bottle.

Will electrolyte freeze?

2.5 tsp KOH in 45 oz of distilled WILL freeze.

instead of a heating element. you could have the pwm sense the draw or temp like you already are.
    I am assuming if it is frozen, the cell would act like a hard short. you could simply apply just an amp or two to the cell and let it be its own heater untill thawed.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

resago,

I don't want any chance of HHO being generated while unattended (overnight, for example). The external heater removes all chances of that.

I can't let my gen freeze because it is glass.

how long do you think such a technique would take to thaw the cell?
    I was thinking it could thaw itself in a few minutes, so no need to run if the engine is off.

I get the glass part though.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

HHO King Guest

30 Amp Heavy Duty Pulse Width Modulator-PWM with Gauge!

I am going to build one like i found here with the gauge and fan already assembled. http://www.extremehho.com .
    I'm also going to install a temp gauge to monitor my cell.

Picture of my temp feedback pwm

All,

Here is a picture of the finished temperature feedback pwm. It is mounted in my truck and is running great.

The heater part is not done. I am waiting for the heating element from Ebay to arrive.

Am working on a readable pencil drawing. Should be done in a few days.

http://www.mikecramer.com/images/tempature.jpg

Ridelong, Could you please give some more detail on the probe assembly. A pic or two would make things real clear. Thanks!