Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling?

DigitalMocking Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mneste8718 View Post
    You're absolutely correct, if you make a good unit, there should not be too much heat generated wastefully and get lots of production.

But... what if we used your plate setup and put in so much electrolyte and get as much amp draw as we can (I'm just thinking here...) to get as much HHO production out of a small unit as we can while using another loop of water to cool the whole thing. I'm just wondering if we would start to get diminishing returns or not...
    There's also some debate about the usefullness of large HHO production anyway. Why do some people see big boosts in MPG on generators that produce 6 - 7 LPH? How much HHO is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by plumabob View Post
    You will need NO COOLING EVER if you use my plate setup. And it gets lots of production even at 12 amps.
    How hot does the case get and how many amps after running for 2-3hrs straight. I have a 1-2 hr drive to work one way. Right now my gen runs that long at 16amps hot and temp is 130 degrees F. I really like your setup looks cooler than mine.

plumabob Guest
    Not really sure about exact temps but recently drove 8 hours straight bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours. Had a bit too much electrolyte in the case and was pushing about 27 amps. It never overheated. Case got hot of course but there were no issues.