Thread: queston for everyone with the HHO system working

Mindcrime13 Guest

queston for everyone with the HHO system working

hello,

for all of you who have managed to get their system working great, besides getting better millage, did you also got more power out of the engine? how much more power would you say you got with the HHO cell?

thanks!

mario brito Guest
    Hi

As some of the older members know, I'm running my system for several weeks now. My car is a Renault Clio 1996 1.2L V4 60HP.

Like almost everyone else, I planned my cell to produce the most HHO it could. I then discovered that since I have a small engine, even 500ml/minute is too much for my car.

I don't want to change anything on my sensors, ECU, etc. So, I've reduce HHO production to about 250ml/minute.

With 100ml/minute, I got 20%+ increase. With the current 250ml/minute I'm getting 30%+ increase ( the best so far was 32% ).

Anything above 250ml/minute will start getting my MPG down again.

I'm giving you all this info so that you can understand all the variables.

Now, about power increase... I must say that if any, it's very small. Maybe 1-2 HP. No more then that. I can't tell almost any difference. And this guess could be just a "placebo effect". But the car runs perfectly, with no problems and very smooth.

Thanks

I'm on my third generation of HHO devices. The first one I built was the Water4Gas, second was the Smack's, and the third one, which I just finished last night, is basically the smack's, but with the plates placed in a container that will better fit under the hood of my 87 Toyota pickup. I'm still using 302 wall plates, but have some 316 sheet on order.

So far I've achieved increased mileage in my 22R engine (carbed with no computer) with each new hydrogen generator I've built. The Water4Gas took the mileage from 22 to 28, and the smack's took it from the base 22 mpg to 36 mpg. To me that's pretty dramatic considering my 22R is "built" with keith black pistons, mid-range cam, bored .020 oversized, Header, and uses a Weber Outlaw 38 carb. My goal in all of this is to see if I can achieve 40 mpg with this engine.

The power increase, especially with the Smack's booster, was very obvious for me. The Toyota 22R has never been a powerhouse engine, but the difference between having the Smack's booster hooked up, and not, is pretty dramatic. Without the booster, the truck is just plain doggy, requiring me to shove the pedal to the floor to get up any speed. With the booster hooked up, the pedal rarely goes past the half throttle point.
    When I first heard about hydrogen generators, I was very much a skeptic, thinking it all to be "snake oil". I decided that the only way I would ever know was to build one, try it, and then learn as I went. I am now a firm believer. If I can achieve 14 mpg more by spending the small sum it takes to build a hydrogen generator, then its well worth it....not to mention I enjoy building them and learning.
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

Mindcrime13,

I've been running hho for about 6 months now.

2003 ford ranger 2.3 liter 5 spd std.

I upped my milage from 22.5 to 30.8, but I barely noticed a power increase.

My friend said it is noticeable in his honda 4 cyl. auto. He said it will "chirp" the tires now, and it never did before. He got 52% mpg increase.

scrode Guest
    yup, my 4cyl honda got a boost in performance and about a 50% increase in mpg. I can definately tell when hho is on, not sure how much horsepower increase though.

I have 98 cummins turbo diesel, with gen only putting out 700m/lpm. I noticed turbo lag between shifts was a whole lot less. I didn't tell my wife that I put hho on the truck, After I turned it on she took it out for something and came back and asked what I had done to it. She never notices anything but she noticed how much better and smoother it runs.