Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum!!!!!

wingnut Guest

Aluminum!!!!!

Just for all of those that were interested about the question, not too long ago about ALUMINUM!? I said I had something in the works for a model and would get back to you. As most people know, it has a "very" good conductive value, low corrosive properties, high availabillity (any hardware store), and easy to work with. I now have a 12 plate generator that is working on a 5 watt solar panel (that I test "any" design on, not to waste battery power). However, it has been producing gas for the last hour and and half at a rate at least double of ANY other material I have used in the pst. The best part is, it has NO CORROSION, NO POND SCUM, AND HAS NOW FROTHED OVER THE BRIM ONCE I ADDED ONE TABLE SPOON OF BAKING SODA!!! SOMEONE TELL ME QUICK WHY I DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT THE BUBBLER AND TRY THIS ON MY SVT???????

wingnut Guest
    Anyone????

ranger2.3 Guest
    I am definetley going to try that now. Oh yea where would you get some plates of aluminum?

wingnut Guest
    What's up RANGER? Just so you know, the sun is now going down and I do not have the amp's I had when I first hooked this up. However, there is NO DOUBT that "IT WORKS", thus far much better than "ANYTHING" I have tried yet. LOT'S OF BUBBLES, NO CORROTION, LOT'S OF GAS, INEXPENSIVE, NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE FUMES THOUGH!? Unless someone has a "GOOD" explanation as to why I "should not" use this, IT WILL BE FUNCTIONAL, and a working design, on my favorite riding mower TOMORROW!

aluminum

No one said aluminum wouldnt produce HHO, they said aluminum will not last long and it cant be used with the good electrolytes like NaOH.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

wingnut Guest
    THANK YOU, FINALLY A RESPONSE! Why will this not last as long? It certainly works "MUCH" better initially!

wingnut Guest
    Oh, and just for the sake of all us "newbies", please explaine exactly wht is NaOH!

spob Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Oh, and just for the sake of all us "newbies", please explaine exactly wht is NaOH!
    Soduim Hydroxide. It is used as a catalist to raise the conductivity of water.

David Hamilton Guest
    Also known as sodium hydroxide, it is a key ingredient in Draino,and can melt through your skin in a matter of seconds.

wingnut Guest
    K, well, seeing how the sun is going down here in the mid west, and I am obviously loosing amps to it. WHY IS IT that you are not suppose to use ALUMINUM again? Precisely?