Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1996 F250 Powerstroke Diesel

Westcoastrocks Guest

1996 F250 Powerstroke Diesel

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I just got this truck for my work and I am not to sure as to where the best place to put the HHO on my air intake. I don't know much about mechanics. It looks like the Turbo is sitting on/near the air filter. So I would assume that after that would be fine. But before it goes into the engine there is another attachment, I have no idea what it is. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.. Thanks

hydropower KY Guest
    Is the truck a California model? If so it might be some emissions crap. I am assuming the truck is not intercooled.The best place I have found to put the hose barb is about an inch back from the attachment point of the rubber duct that goes to turbo.On the airbox side

Westcoastrocks Guest
    I am even more confused

Those orange hoses are silicone hoses, Expensive. I would not mess with those. I put my hose in my diesel on the air box, where the air filter is. Clean or dirty side it doesn't matter. The air box is much easier to mess with.

liberybell Guest
    I have mine on the air intake about 3" from the turbo but after the filter.
    I was wondering if HHO would be more efficient if we plug it directly into the intake (after the turbo and right on top of the engine, drill a hole in the actual intake, barb it and attach a temperature-resistant hose to it.)
    Has anybody tried this?
    I am aware of the danger since we are pumping the HHO straight into the intake and we must be careful most of all with diesel with intake heaters, but I am still wondering if the efficiency would be worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by liberybell View Post
    I have mine on the air intake about 3" from the turbo but after the filter.
    I was wondering if HHO would be more efficient if we plug it directly into the intake (after the turbo and right on top of the engine, drill a hole in the actual intake, barb it and attach a temperature-resistant hose to it.)
    Has anybody tried this?
    I am aware of the danger since we are pumping the HHO straight into the intake and we must be careful most of all with diesel with intake heaters, but I am still wondering if the efficiency would be worth the risk.
    HHo gens can't overcome turbo boost pressure. Pre or post air filter is the only way, Unless you build high pressure HHO gen. I don't know of anyone wanting a bomb riding around with them.

liberybell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    HHo gens can't overcome turbo boost pressure. Pre or post air filter is the only way, Unless you build high pressure HHO gen. I don't know of anyone wanting a bomb riding around with them.
    Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that the turbo would create pressure on the generator or babbler? Meaning it would push exhaust emissions into the generator?
    If that is the case I'll keep it where is at. Last think I want to do is deal with pressure
    What about the better efficiency claims I have read on this forum?

When the turbo spools up it creats "+" pressure on the intake. HHO gens were not designed to create large amounts of pressure. HHO gen might create 1-2psi at most on free flowing system. Turbo boost pressure might run up to 30psi. How does your 1psi gen overcome 30psi? Hooked up to the manifold(post turbo) the turbo pressure would flow into the gen.

liberybell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    When the turbo spools up it creats "+" pressure on the intake. HHO gens were not designed to create large amounts of pressure. HHO gen might create 1-2psi at most on free flowing system. Turbo boost pressure might run up to 30psi. How does your 1psi gen overcome 30psi? Hooked up to the manifold(post turbo) the turbo pressure would flow into the gen.
    Very good point.
    Did not know how the turbo actually works. I did not know that it creates that much pressure.
    Thanks for the info

Westcoastrocks Guest
    I was also wondering if you can use a Efie with diesels. I would venture to say no because HHO is more like gas then it is diesel. i would think that while HHo would help diesel in a efficient way, HHO could not replace diesel just because of the way diesels are made. What do you guys think?