Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best plate configuration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JonDoh Guest

Which is the best plate configuration

Ok... so... I'm gonna experiment with another set-up but I don't have a flowmeter.... I want to get the most HHO gas using less than 30amps.... I have about 8 plates.....

Which would be the best configuration to get the most HHO?

1) + n n - n n +

2) + n n - - n n +

3) + - + - + - + -

4) + n - n + n -

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    Ok... so... I'm gonna experiment with another set-up but I don't have a flowmeter.... I want to get the most HHO gas using less than 30amps.... I have about 8 plates.....

Which would be the best configuration to get the most HHO?

1) + n n - n n +

2) + n n - - n n +

3) + - + - + - + -

4) + n - n + n -

Well that all depends on who you ask-everyone has differing opinions. Here goes-

#1 and #2 are the same, #2 extra "-" plate only produces on one side while #1 does so on both.
    #3 produces very well, but with alot of heat and amp pull(unless a true series cell)
    #4 ? Never tried that one

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotinkerer View Post
    Well that all depends on who you ask-everyone has differing opinions. Here goes-

#1 and #2 are the same, #2 extra "-" plate only produces on one side while #1 does so on both.
    #3 produces very well, but with alot of heat and amp pull(unless a true series cell)
    #4 ? Never tried that one
    I tried #1 and #2

#1 produced more heat for some reason on the (-) negitive terminal averaged 10 degrees more.

#2 Is what I use on my unit which produces a minimum 1 LPM 198 sq.in. surface area w/ .0625 plate spacing.

IronBear Guest
    From what I have been reading, the closer the plates are the less draw in terms of relative hho production. I have done 1 and 3. The 3 was a definite producer, but I wasnt using good electrolyte. Plate spacing and the concentration of electrolyte will allow you to adjust the cell for the best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBear View Post
    From what I have been reading, the closer the plates are the less draw in terms of relative hho production. I have done 1 and 3. The 3 was a definite producer, but I wasnt using good electrolyte. Plate spacing and the concentration of electrolyte will allow you to adjust the cell for the best bang for the buck.
    Hi IronBear,

The #3 is mostly used for brute force type Oxyhydrogen (HHO) gas generators ( give it as much as it can take )

I use #2 because of the "distilled white vinegar" in the Oxyhydrogen (HHO) gas generator I use. The reason being because of the .0625 plate gap and the Electrolyte being totally ECO friendly ( dump it on you and smell like a pickle and not get your skin burnt off or go blind ).

I always go safety first, to many little kids around "eye" level and curious, couldn't live with a accident hurting anyone for just for some HHO.

Regards,
    Fuzzy

JonDoh Guest
    SUPER THANKS guys for all the input!!!! Very informative!!

I think I'm gonna go with #2 since a couple of you have tried that & seem to have some success.... I'll use vinegar & water to keep the temp down a bit. My plates aren't completely straight so I'll use two of those .062 washers in between the plates

One of these days I'll quit being a NOOB & get me a flow meter

What about :

-+-S/S wool-+-S/S wool-+-

Use 316L flat plate for positive and perforated plate sandwiched with stainless steel wool for negative

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    What about :

Use 316L flat plate for positive and perforated plate sandwiched with stainless steel wool for negative

I dont know about a sandwich, but why perforated, u need as much sq" , and perforating tkes some sq" away.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

JonDoh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    What about :

A friend did the SS wool in an SS tube. It cranked out some HHO gas but the amps were running wildly!

Looks likethe best configs are:

+nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+
    +nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+

DRY CELLS!

ok have tried

1 = -+ works ok but over 160 Degrees at 21 amps - get about 0.7 LPM
    2 = -N+ works near same as one
    3 = -NN+ and 20 amp - 120 Deg and 1.4 LPM === at 28A - 1.8 LPM
    4 = -NNNNN++NNNNN- 30A - 0.8 LPM
    What happened to #4??????? why so low production??

next i want to try #4 split into -NNNNN+ to see what happens.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.