Thread: For those of you who blast your own plates, do you have a choice of material that has

For those of you who blast your own plates, do you have a choice of material that has

For those of you who blast your own plates, do you have a choice of material that has worked well for you and do you have any tips to share regarding blasting plate surfaces? I'm looking at starting with a 80-90 grit and then going with a 320 or so grit to finish them.

I found some shops locally to do my plates but after receiving their quotes I could have completed my cell in nickel 200 for the same price that they wanted just to media blast them.

What media have you used?
    Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

I use 'black diamond' media, i think its around 80 grit and at my local Northern Tool store its only 8.99 for a 50 lb bag. I'll admit the price is why i chose to use it. Use as little pressure as you can, its easy to warp the metal if you get in too close. Trust me, even 18 ga will warp and you might not get as lucky as i did and even it back out when you blast the opposite side.