Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which is the best plate configuration

Plate Assembly

My best configeration so far is Pos nnnnn Neg 8 mm gap Pos nnnnn Neg, .076 inches gap or just under 2 mm. My plates are 80 sq inch each 14 0f them and at 30 volt 140 amp I am producing 10 LPM. If you look on my web site, you will see my flow meter. Very simple. www.angelfire.com/mt/llew
    Llew

why are you using - Pos nnnnn Neg 8 mm gap Pos nnnnn Neg
    and not - Pos nnnnn Neg nnnnn Pos?

Its the same minus a plate.

Cause with - Neg 8 mm gap Pos - the 8mm gap would be conducting power from the end plates.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Llew2_1 View Post
    My best configeration so far is Pos nnnnn Neg 8 mm gap Pos nnnnn Neg, .076 inches gap or just under 2 mm. My plates are 80 sq inch each 14 0f them and at 30 volt 140 amp I am producing 10 LPM. If you look on my web site, you will see my flow meter. Very simple. www.angelfire.com/mt/llew
    Llew
    The volts & amps are way to high and your setup is inefficient. Expect negative MPG gains. Put your plates to good use and build yourself decent drycells.

Reading this thread (deciding my plate set-up) I ended up with a theory on electrodes and neutral plates. As a convicted newbie there might be a lot of confusion so please correct me if I am wrong.

Lets say we had this set-up:

+ N N N N N -

Initially we count on electrolite because the distance between the electrodes is longer. Water charges, some O and H's start travelling towards its opposites; They cloud on the 1st Neutral plate surface they find, and charge it. 1st neutral plate near the + (charges with '+') and vice-versa;

The distance now is shorter (between the different charges) and production is getting better; ions charge the next Neutral surface and so goes on, until all Neutrals are charged; O and H's now can travel towards the attracted surface and end up floating on the water level and because of the temperature difference (and volume) and go up in the exit tube.

If this is what really happens, it would make a difference to have a even number of plates or not;

Examples:

+ N - ...> Each surface of the neutral plate ionizes with each polarity;
    + N N - ...> Each neutral plate ionizes with each polarity;
    + N N N - ...> 1 neutral ionizes with +, other with -, and the center one ionizes each surface with different polarities;

Let's say we had a more conductive electrode in the + pole; it would affect the equillibrium and charge more neutral plates;

If all that is not what happens, we would be accepting there is no charge at the neutrals, and so there would be no dissociation happening on those surfaces (lost space)...

Please tell me if my thoughts are in the right path...
    -------------------------
    6x6 plates (304SS)
    Currently researching on:
    - Al3O2 .5 micron-spheres blasted to Ni-plated SS electrodes
    - Hydrophilic center-cell tissue spacers
    - Neoprene pressure builder in HHO outlet associated with pre-cell water pump
    - Ni-Ti (.016") filaments welded to SS electrodes to guide current distribution
    - Organic Polymers (selective membrane, electrode life, solid electrolyte, etc)
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    ^^^ Yea... I tried that.... those U shapes are harder to work with plus takes up tooooo much space. The bolts in between is the SMACK design which I did & it was ok.

So far I've tried these configs:
    1) +-
    2) +n-
    3) +nn-
    4) +nnn-
    5) +nnnn-
    6) +nnnnn-
    7) +nnnnnn-
    8) +-+-+-+-
    These nxt configs I also switched polarities
    9) +n-n+n-n+ switch -n+n-n+n-
    10) +nn-nn+
    12) +nn--nn+
    13) +nnnn--nnnn+
    14) +nnnnn-nnnnn+
    15) +nnnnn--nnnnn+
    16) +nn- -nn+ +nn- -nn+

I use the same electrolyte & 13.5v power supply....

So far the best has been #12

I just built #16 last nite & we'll see how that works out today.
    Oh... there's a 1/4" spacers in between the cells that why theres a space between.
    just repeat (7) as much as you can or like this +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-nnnnnn+ect......

this is my 5 sets of n plates cell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnDjx2dWrM

First HHO post

Hey guys, first post here. Trying an HHO generator on 2004 subaru WRX right now.

Currently using the + n n n n n - n n n n n + config with
    1/16" 316 steel plates (4"x6") and 1/16" rubber spacers.

Alternator putz out 14.2v or something so... thats 2.4v per plate, correct?

Went to lowes and got some 100% lye (NaOH) for electrolye and added 1/2teaspn per gallon distil water

HHO production looks really low right now and not even measuring on my amp scale.. can anyone think of stupid mistakes i might have missed?

errors i can think of top of my head are :::
    .) the edge of one plate is slightly bent
    .) not enough NaOH?
    .) too small spacing?
    .) too large spacing?
    .) not enough spacing between each 'set'?

Any help mucchhh appr!! i still use aim (lol) so hit me up if you want Alkaline198

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .