Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the best plate configuration

ajriding Guest
    I'm looking in this thread to figure out how to configure the plates. right now I am playing with 16 3x5 plates.
    I am seeing a lot of +nn- -nn+ is a good way to go, and -nnnn+nnnn- , or even 5 n's in middle.
    I want to get max hho production with fewest amps.
    right now I have -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ (8 pairs). It draws a lot of amps (controlled with pwm) and puts out about 0.3 lpm at ~30 amps/ 12V.
    Was going to try the +nn- -nn+ first.
    Also, wrapping the plates in a wet cell... are u just wrapping the whole thing? I saw the term "brick" and it sounds like when u wrap all the plates together it will look like a brick.
    I would like to limit my amps to 20-25 and still get at least 1.5 lpm.

Quote Originally Posted by ajriding View Post
    I'm looking in this thread to figure out how to configure the plates. right now I am playing with 16 3x5 plates.
    I am seeing a lot of +nn- -nn+ is a good way to go, and -nnnn+nnnn- , or even 5 n's in middle.
    right now I have -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ (8 pairs). It draws a lot of amps (controlled with pwm) and puts out about 0.3 lpm at ~30 amps/ 12V.
    Also, wrapping the plates in a wet cell... are u just wrapping the whole thing? I saw the term "brick" and it sounds like when u wrap all the plates together it will look like a brick.
    OK from my experiments, the more plates = more amps, my last dry cell test went like this:

13 plates +NNNNN-NNNNN+

.074 gap

10% KOH by weight

15 amps cold 11.4V

500ml - 40 sec
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ajriding View Post
    Your best answer for now is to abandon the wet cell configuration altogether. With a dry cell, you will easily be able to achieve your 1.5 LPM at the amp draw you specify with 16 plates.

1. Use 5 neutrals.
    2. Make your plate gap approx 1/16th inch.
    3. Start with a couple of teaspoons of KOH per gallon and work your way up to the output you need.

Check out my video below, it details how to easily make a dry cell:

Hope this helps!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

godfish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Your best answer for now is to abandon the wet cell configuration altogether. With a dry cell, you will easily be able to achieve your 1.5 LPM at the amp draw you specify with 16 plates.

1. Use 5 neutrals.
    2. Make your plate gap approx 1/16th inch.
    3. Start with a couple of teaspoons of KOH per gallon and work your way up to the output you need.

Russ.
    Hello, when you say 16 plates with 1.5 LPM are you talking about the drycell in the video? I'm trying to make a HHO furnace for my home and I'm looking for cheap cost and good HHO output that can be run with at computer power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by godfish View Post
    Hello, when you say 16 plates with 1.5 LPM are you talking about the drycell in the video? I'm trying to make a HHO furnace for my home and I'm looking for cheap cost and good HHO output that can be run with at computer power supply.
    Yes, I'm referring to my dry cell, or any other dry cell, design.

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

truckman1966 Guest
    I have tried:

1. -N+N-
    2. -N+N-N+N-
    3. -N+N-N+N- -N+N-N+N-

on number 3 they are plate stacks in the same resivoir but mounted to top of my acrylic box first. mounted them to the sides and gave them individual power supplies and eliminated my heat problem. I have also used baking soda and NaOH

truckman1966 Guest
    i will get back with measurements and specs

sima.z Guest

Cool Got a question?

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson44004 View Post
    I have my plate set up as follows +NNNN--NNNN+. This produces a lot of HHo at low temps. My generator is made from 4" PVC tube which holds 2.5L of electrolyte, which is made up using puified water from my dehumidifier and 1 2/3tsp. of sodium hydroxide (crystal drain cleaner). Has anyone ran anything similar to this and am I to expect any problems? I've only been running this for a couple of weeks, but seems OK so far.
    Hi, see this
    -NNN+NNN- 0.6 LPm 5x5" dry cell with Baking soda at 0.8 gap, 8-10amps What do you think? 20% gain on a 82 4x4 subaru in Colombia South America

I just read on that the gap should be 1/16 ??
    What do you think
    Fell free to reply to my e-mail, gpacoz@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    SIMA.z

sima.z Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDDOBYNS@HOTMAIL.COM View Post
    I am running -nnnn+nnnn- and -nnn+nnn- with both units 1/3 gain in mpg I know for sure running scan gauge

Hi, see this
    -NNN+NNN- 0.6 LPm 5x5" dry cell with Baking soda at 0.8 gap, 8-10amps What do you think? 20% gain on a 82 4x4 subaru in Colombia South America

I just read on that the gap should be 1/16 ?? Whatis your configuration
    What do you think
    Thanks

sima.z Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by resago View Post
    thats why I am thinking that dry is the way to go.

we should be able to come up with a rough lpm to Sq Inch value.

Hi, see this

I just read on that the gap should be 1/16 ?? , Moving into KOH
    What do you think
    Thanks