Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metals

rmptr Guest
    Good idea.

I'd buy an EFIE for use with 00 F150 4.2 V6 man trans.

Best

I need to do a bit more research for distributers. So far We dont have a resource for specific auto parts, but I will look into them....In the mean time, we are gearing up to carry SS plates, plastics, wires and adaptors, plus other generator specific parts, also basic electronic parts such as fuses, relays, and PWM's.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Mcmaster Carr sells a 2 foot X 3 foot sheet of 0.030 316 ss for $70. I just bought one, nice. Also shears great.

Jaxom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I have used 304 and 301, I havent noticed any corrosion. The SS wall plates that people ar buying are not 304ss, they are 403 or 404.

The last set that I picked up from Home Depot were labeled as 302. They're $1.59 ea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    The last set that I picked up from Home Depot were labeled as 302. They're $1.59 ea.

Ok, I stand corrected. I didnt mean to implicate HD wall plates as I have not purchased from them. I did purchase from lowes. 302 ss is not as good as 304 or 301 from my understanding.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by ridelong View Post
    Mcmaster Carr sells a 2 foot X 3 foot sheet of 0.030 316 ss for $70. I just bought one, nice. Also shears great.
    Yeh, I love McMaster Carr. Great site, lots of supplies available in almost any size. I am looking at the same thing and found this a 2 x 3 ft section of 316 unpolished (Super Corrosion Resistant SS (Type 316) #2B Mill Finish, .030" Thick, 24" X 36") for $59.12. Not too shabby!

havocs29 Guest
    You need to look for a local metal shop that's open to the public. I have one around the corner from me. I pic up there surplus all the time. 3'x3' of 304 for $13 bucks. Just needs a little sanding and is good as new! 316 same size for $30

metalman17 Guest

T316l sheet

Another source would be a small company called Alcobra Metals. 800-239-5608. they 18, 20, 22, and 24 ga t316. When you call mention this forum.

retsofarik Guest

Are some metals better at production ?

I was wondering which metals are better suited to higher production levels. Are the baking soda or lye electrolyte types better?
    Thanks Rets

havocs29 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by retsofarik View Post
    I was wondering which metals are better suited to higher production levels. Are the baking soda or lye electrolyte types better?
    Thanks Rets
    As far as the metals go. I'm not positive if it makes a difference on HHO production in which grade of stainless steel to use. I use 304. 316 and 316L are a higher grade SS but I THINK the higher grade only gives you more durability than the lower grade. You have to use SS or else the plates would disintegrate after a short time. As far as electrolyte goes, I was using baking soda but started experimenting with different types. I recently found a drain cleaner called Instant Power Hair and Grease remover. It has both sodium and potassium hydroxide. I literally use 2 drops and it has given me a half liter production more than baking soda. I found this at Home Depot. But I am new to HHO so I haven't experimented with many electrolytes.