Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: H2O Fuel Enhancer

JavierF

You'r really asking the wrong guy, for that info, as I don't travel that much, comparred to most people.

I am a dissabled american vet, from Viet Nam, and I just don't get around that much, or that well. Don't get me wrong! I'm not totally crippled, just old, and very slow!

Many people may not agree, but I don't pull any punches, and I tell it, like it is.

I have not run it for a coupe of hours straight, as that would only waste a lot of gas for the point of proving what?

If heat didn't get out of hand in 40 minutes, it shouldn't do much more than that, in two hours.

I live for the most part, at the very bottom of Florida's west coast, and have virtually everything I need within three or four miles. So I really don't do that much driving.

There is nothing east of me, for 80 miles (except everglades), nothing south of me, except the gay boys in Key West (I have no desire to go there). Gulf of Mexico, west of me, and I can be in Ft Myers, in 25 minutes (to the north).

I never go east, as there isn't anything there but suggar cane, rattle snakes, and aligators, until you get to the other side, and there, they don't anylonger speak our language, or even fly our flag!

But truthfully, I seldom, even venture more than five or six miles, from home. So really, you are asking the wrong guy!

Most of my business comes to me, rather than I go to them, so again, there is not much travel involved. I repair tubular shutter/awning motors, and most of that, is done with credit cards, and through UPS/DHL shippers.

At the very most, I run maybe 40 minutes, at a time, and hold fairly true to the 128 to maybe 135 F mark, with the three generators.

Just my 2 cents,...

but in actuality, what I believe you have, is seven paralell sets of "series" wired cells +NN- with every other positive and negative, being sharred between cells.

Your voltage drop is between four plates only, but is repeated seven times over as an approximate 4.666 volts lost between each plate - 14 volts to 9.333 v to 4.666 v to Zero (at ground connection). Note that any voltage drop over an approximate 1.5 volts (between plates), goes to wasted heat, and produces no extra HHO.

Because positives, and negatives each, are connected to common poles, those are paralell connections. Likewise, any additional cells wired in conjunction to. or with them, would also be a four plate series cells, wired in paralell (although, they should each have their own fuse/breaker).

However, if it were only the first, and last plates that had pole connections (no matter how many), then ther are a series connection.

javierf Guest
    DaneDHorstead,

I was actually asking if you had run the electrolyzer for a couple of hours on a bench. Believe or not, even after 40 minutes the temperature may keep rising. Looks like in your particular case that's not an issue due to the time you say you drive at a time.

My electrolyzer is actually 7 cells in series since only the first and last plates are connected to the current source. As I mentioned before, I'm still testing trying to find the best configuration for my particular design (different # of cells, # of neutrals, KOH concentration, etc). Once I'm happy with it I'll proceed to test it on a vehicle, which, unlike you, I still haven't done.

hygear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by javierf View Post
    DaneDHorstead,

I was actually asking if you had run the electrolyzer for a couple of hours on a bench. Believe or not, even after 40 minutes the temperature may keep rising. Looks like in your particular case that's not an issue due to the time you say you drive at a time.

My electrolyzer is actually 7 cells in series since only the first and last plates are connected to the current source. As I mentioned before, I'm still testing trying to find the best configuration for my particular design (different # of cells, # of neutrals, KOH concentration, etc). Once I'm happy with it I'll proceed to test it on a vehicle, which, unlike you, I still haven't done.
    I run the same cell and it's a good,cool running design.You might find that running 6 cells is going to give the best production(at least mine does)rather than 7 cells.My cell goes from around 1.3 LPM running on 7 cells and drawing about13-14 amps to 3.8 Lpm on 6 cells and drawing 33-35 amps.Anything less than 6 cells creates heat and draws way too many amps.The configuration I use is -nnnnn+ anything more or less from this doesn't give good production or crates too much heat.
    Btw the way very nice build,that's the best looking tero design I've seen yet!!!!!!!!!!
    Please post your progress,I'm interested on how your results turn out.

javierf Guest
    hygear:

Thanks for your comments and info on your experience. Very useful. 3.8 LPM is an awesome output. Drawing 33-35 amps at 12V doesn't create heat up problems after a while? Since I have only worked on a design based on a Tero cell, and not any wet cell, now I'm wondering if I should have gone with a wet cell instead.

Heat on a dry cell like mine is really critical to control. To the point where I think I'll have no choice but to use a pump to circulate the electrolyte. I'm still testing different cell configurations and electrolyte concentrations to see what's the best I can get on a compact design, since this is one of my biggest priorities. I'll definitely be posting my final decision once I get to it.

My experiments took a significant turn after reading one of the threads in this forum with respect to KOH getting through the bubblers, all the way to the engine, and damaging the aluminum parts in it:

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?...hlight=warning

Now, I'm even more concerned about trying to use as little KOH in my electrolyte as possible, and that meant modifying my series design in an attempt to reduce the KOH concentration as much as possible. In a way, I'm back to square one (except for "some" more experience than I had when I first got interested in this).