Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H2O Fuel Enhancer

javierf Guest

H2O Fuel Enhancer

I have been working on an electrolyzer for quite a while and have come with a final design which you can see in the following pictures. The one shown contains 5 cells while the final one contains 7 cells. I'm in the process of testing for heat, gas generation, amperage, etc. Once I test that I'll be testing with a mechanic on a carburated car for performance, piston overheating (if any), etc. Still have to build the bubbler and arrestor, but those are simple to make. Any comments or questions are welcome.

That looks like a Tero cell. What did you use for gasket material, also what is the thickness? It really looks good. Have you measured the output? It really looks cool! The seven cell should produce great. Are the cells +nnnnn- or +-+-+-+-?

javierf Guest
    Hi hydrotinkerer. The gasket material is soft pvc, 1/8". Haven't had time to measure output, etc. Each cell is +nn-, and all 7 are connected in series.

Are you going to run it completely flooded? Where did you get the pvc?

javierf Guest
    What do you mean by "completely flooded"? I got the pvc at a local hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by javierf View Post
    What do you mean by "completely flooded"? I got the pvc at a local hardware store.
    It means the water container sits higher than the cell. HHo gas and water are expelled out the top, while the bottom hose supplies water in. It almost pumps it's own water. Constantly circulating water keeping cell cooler. Then the gas is vented out the top of the water container and fed to your ice.

javierf Guest
    I have performed several tests in that respect trying to create a water circulation system like you explain, and for me, it doesn't work, for several reasons:

First, the angle of the hoses between the electrolyzer and the container in order for that to "kinda work" is critical.

Second, the pressure created in the electrolyzer prevents a "good" flow of the water because it creates pressure on the water intake. Pressure in the whole system tends to stabilize, therefore, preventing the water flow.

Third, by doing that, the water flow through the gas output hose sometimes uses the whole capacity of the hose therefore interrupting, though temporarily, the gas flow causing intermittent production of gas to the engine.

In MY opinion, from all the tests I've performed, the only way to do it is to either have a large enough electrolyzer to contain a large amount of electrolyte to prevent overheating at the gas generation rate desired (requiring a lot of room in the engine compartment), or to use a pump to circulate the electrolyte. I'm probably going with the latter.

Watching videos on youtube and reading some posts makes me wonder why nobody hardly ever mentions overheating. That is a critical aspect of any electrolyzer. I know of several people who have had containers explode, brake, or crack, because of overheating (mainly water4gas systems). I've seen videos of electrolyzers generating up to 2LMP, which I'm sure wouldn't last 30 minutes without melting...., plus, besides generating HHO, are generating water vapor.

At this point, I'm not even sure either that what most people suggest, that the electrolyzer should produce > 1LPM is true. I'll know for sure once I start testing on a vehicle.

overtaker Guest
    +nn- times seven cells in series? Isn't that 21 voltage gap drops? How many volts are you running? Great looking cell.

Quote Originally Posted by javierf View Post
    I have performed several tests in that respect trying to create a water circulation system like you explain, and for me, it doesn't work, for several reasons:

First, the angle of the hoses between the electrolyzer and the container in order for that to "kinda work" is critical.

Second, the pressure created in the electrolyzer prevents a "good" flow of the water because it creates pressure on the water intake. Pressure in the whole system tends to stabilize, therefore, preventing the water flow.

Third, by doing that, the water flow through the gas output hose sometimes uses the whole capacity of the hose therefore interrupting, though temporarily, the gas flow causing intermittent production of gas to the engine.

In MY opinion, from all the tests I've performed, the only way to do it is to either have a large enough electrolyzer to contain a large amount of electrolyte to prevent overheating at the gas generation rate desired (requiring a lot of room in the engine compartment), or to use a pump to circulate the electrolyte. I'm probably going with the latter.

Watching videos on youtube and reading some posts makes me wonder why nobody hardly ever mentions overheating. That is a critical aspect of any electrolyzer. I know of several people who have had containers explode, brake, or crack, because of overheating (mainly water4gas systems). I've seen videos of electrolyzers generating up to 2LMP, which I'm sure wouldn't last 30 minutes without melting...., plus, besides generating HHO, are generating water vapor.

At this point, I'm not even sure either that what most people suggest, that the electrolyzer should produce > 1LPM is true. I'll know for sure once I start testing on a vehicle.

Sorry I did not notice the gas outlet and water inlet are at the top. A flooded cell has to have the water inlet at the bottom, That way it creates a circulating affect.

javierf Guest
    overtaker: not really. With 7 cells the voltage drops to about 1.8v/cell. It´s a car 12V battery which really outputs about 13V. The voltage per cell is equal to the total input voltage by the number of cells. It's a very linear relation. The amperage does vary a lot depending on electrolyte concentration and type, number of plates, separation between plates, amount of electrolyte, plate surface, etc. However, I think I'm going back to 5-cell configuration, even though it uses more voltage than I really want per cell, because the 7-cell requires a very high electrolyte concentration to generate the necessary amperage, and I hate using such a caustic chemical in such high concentrations. I'd like to use less than 30% by weight as it has been suggested by many.

hydrotinkerer: the intake at the bottom doesn't work because the pressure in the electrolyzer makes the water go back to the container through the intake hose too, eliminating the circulation effect. Just by putting the output hose of the electrolyzer through a bubbler causes enough pressure in the electrolyzer to push the water in the intake back to the container, even with the intake at the bottom. Have tried that....

Any other suggestions, or corrections if I have done something wrong, are VERY welcome. For now, I'm setting up to use a pump.

Thanks for all the comments.