Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the guy that compresses Hydroxy?

Question Who is the guy that compresses Hydroxy?

In the past few months, I saw a web site in which a guy claimed years of experience in compressing and storing Hydroxy.

Does this ring a bell?

I would like to visit the site again.

BoyntonStu

otrcomm Guest
    You might be thinking of Mike Strizki at http://www.hopewellproject.org/pages/project.html

Here is a Youtube video about his home, that is completely off the grid with solar and hydrogen production, where it mentions that he compresses hydrogen for use in his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

and here is a video about his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1uN...eature=related

Interesting guy, obviously with access to deep pockets.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by otrcomm View Post
    You might be thinking of Mike Strizki at http://www.hopewellproject.org/pages/project.html

Here is a Youtube video about his home, that is completely off the grid with solar and hydrogen production, where it mentions that he compresses hydrogen for use in his car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

and here is a video about his car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1uN...eature=related

Interesting guy, obviously with access to deep pockets.
    Thanks,

Actually, Mike Strizki is new to me.

The person that I saw was a 'shallow' pocket man.

I believe that he uses wind and solar to generate Hydroxy and he stores it compressed.

Mike Strizki compresses Hydrogen to 200 psi. He does not compress hydroxy.

He makes a big deal about how safe it is.

Thanks again and welcome to the group.

BoyntonStu

countryboy18 Guest
    is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? and hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy18 View Post
    is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? and hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

is'nt compressed hydroxy very explosive? Not according to the guy I am looking for.

hydrogen can excape throught almost any material so how is he able to store it for long periods of time?

Tanks of compressed hydrogen are commonly sold. No leak problems.

I hope that this helps,

BoyntonStu

Actually all tanks have a problem with loss over time.

Here is a article that talks about tanks designed to store hydrogen for automotive use. The acceptable loss as of 2005 was 1g/hr for every 1Kg stored. (page 7)

http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogena...roceedings.pdf

This of course doesn't mean that all tanks have that much loss, it just states what is acceptable.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Wink He was here all the time!

clarence1984

clarence1984 is on a distinguished road

Default alright i've had enough

O.k on the compression thing I personally test all my theories and I did mention I was going to burn the next person that cut down the compression thing. h2-0 it's not h2 o2 you are wrong there it's one atom of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen. Also hydroxy is compressible to 415psig before self detonation. In my testing the propane canister got to 380~psig before self detonation of the hydroxy gas. You people who say don't compress it's to dangerous are MORONS!!! this is ridiculous people no wonder you pay pay checks into your car thinking that the hho electrolyzers are the key to changing the world. So for the guy who owns the 660cc bike do you want me to build you a system to running your bike off pure hho I can do that for you however i'm located in alaska and that maybe a smidge difficult. Have anyone of you "don't compress hho" people here watched the science episodes months ago about a man who stores the hho into several large propane pigs in his back yard which are filled by a electrolyzer and solar panels for electricity? He filled his neon with the gas just compressed everyday. The only danger at all with the hho is tank rupture. The tank would need to be carbon, plastic composite, or fiberglass any metal may spark in a collision. Also us steel devised an rupture proof tank years ago that could take a full impact from a train and not break open. This is possible guys. This is why I don't pay for petroleum fuel at all now. Not for electricity, heat, or propulsion. For less than 5k this can be done including wind turbines. You'll spend 5k in one year with your home electricity, propulsion and heating.

If he was talking about Mike Strizki, he also misread the article by confusing oxygen-free hydrogen with hydroxy.

What do you think?

BoyntonStu

1973dodger Guest
    Boytonstu,

I believe he was told not to mention this subject anymore on this forum, for fear some less experienced might try it with disasterous results. The secret lies in compressing slowly while cooling the hho as it is being compressed. Under normal compression it will heat up expodentially and explode since the oxygen is already present. I believe he started his own website of; www.beawindhog.com or some version of that.

1973dodger

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1973dodger View Post
    Boytonstu,

I believe he was told not to mention this subject anymore on this forum, for fear some less experienced might try it with disasterous results. The secret lies in compressing slowly while cooling the hho as it is being compressed. Under normal compression it will heat up expodentially and explode since the oxygen is already present. I believe he started his own website of; www.beawindhog.com or some version of that.

1973dodger
    Thanks,

You know sometimes when you remember something about a subject and you want to look at it again it becomes very frustrating when you cannot find it..

I was not trying to make a point or voice an opinion.

Thanks again.

BoyntonStu

Something else to keep in mind... He doesn't say where he gets his first number of 415psig. Also, his own test exploded at 380psig, but it doesn't state at what altitude he conducted his test at. There is a lot of elevation change in Alaska and as such, different outside air pressure. (psig is a unit of pressure relative to the surrounding atmosphere.)

If one were to try this out, I would suggest no more that 80-90 psig at sea level. Make sure you use a non-metal compressor (or at least one that wont generate heat, sparks etc.) and keep your compressed gas bottle in a water bath during fill.

Working with compressed air for my paint ball gun scares the hell out of me... I am not sure I ready to attempt something that can level my entire house.
    --
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!