Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice on Which Enhancer to Use

scrode Guest
    single= 1 o2 sensor before catalytic converter
    dual = 2 o2 sensors before catalytic converter

Scooterdog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hygear View Post
    I would go with the efie first provided you have narrowband O2s.Check the voltages at your O2 first to see what type you have.If it's wideband then you're stuck until they develop and market one that's compatible.

Try this link to test which ones you have.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/O2_general.html

The guy at fuelsaver.org. has good efies for sale with good tech support
    The "guy" at fuelsavers.org refuses to take the million dollar challange. Why? I've emailed several who make these claims. Not ONE TAKER. Why?

Write them and ask how many technical schools have ordered any of this bunk junk they sell, or sell "plans" for. Not a one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterdog View Post
    The "guy" at fuelsavers.org refuses to take the million dollar challange. Why? I've emailed several who make these claims. Not ONE TAKER. Why?

Write them and ask how many technical schools have ordered any of this bunk junk they sell, or sell "plans" for. Not a one.

whats a million dollar challange ?
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

HHONissan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterdog View Post
    The "o2 enhancer" won't make any difference. You still need to consider VSS, CPS, and a ton of other things.

People selling o2 enhancers and the like are selling nothing more than poppycock, and making money off of it.

Can anyone please explain VSS, CPS, and the ton of other things. Thought I was begining to understand, now I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by HHONissan View Post
    Can anyone please explain VSS, CPS, and the ton of other things. Thought I was begining to understand, now I dont know.
    vss-vehicle speed sensor
    cps-cam position sensor
    Can't even begin to explain his ramblings. Hope that helps.

AFR: Air/Fuel Ratio. Also Air/Fuel Ratio sensor.

CEL: Check Engine Light. The engine trouble light, that lights up on your dash when the ECU detects an error condition. See DTC.

COP: Coil On Plug. A type of ignition system that doesn't require spark plug wires, and has a coil mounted directly to each spark plug.

CTS: Coolant Temperature Sensor.

DIS: Distributorless Ignition Systems. Systems that utilize electronics instead of a distributor to calculate spark timing.

DTC: Diagnostic Trouble Code. The code number that the ECU gives you to help diagnose an error condition. For 1995 and newer vehicles, these can be read by standard OBD-II readers. Older vehicles may have a system for initiating a blink code, whereby the error numbers are read by the number of blinks of the Check Engine Light.

ECM: Engine Control Module. Also Electronic Control Module. See ECU.

ECT: Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. Also called CTS (Coolant Temperatrue Sensor).

ECU: Engine Control Unit. The vehicle's computer. Is often called by other names, but ECU seems to be the most common. See ECM, PCM and others.

EFI: Electronic Fuel Injection.

EFIE: Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer. A device used to modify the signal from an oxygen sensor so that the ECU will lean the fuel mixture.

EOP: Engine Oil Pressure sensor.

HEGO: Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor. Another name for an oxygen sensor.

IAT: Intake Air Temperature sensor.

MAF: Mass Air Flow sensor. Measures the amount of air flowing into the engine.

MAP: Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Measures the pressure inside the intake manifold. The ECU compares this to the barometric pressure sensor (outside air pressure) to determine the difference between the pressure in the manifold and the outside air.

MAT: Manifold Air Temperature.

MIL: Malfunction Indicator Light. Same as CEL (Check Engine Light). See above.

O2S: Oxygen Sensor.

OBD-II: On Board Diagnostic system. Prior to 1996 the systems varied by manufacturer. Jan 1, 1996 marked the beginning of a mandated standard for all new vehicles to conform to. This was ODB-II. Now the same reader can plug into any car and read it's information, including engine sensor readings, trouble codes, etc. For more information see this page.

PCM: Powertrain Control Module. The computer. See ECU.

PCV: Positive Crankcase Ventilation. Also PCV valve. See wiki for more information.

Stoichiometric ( Stoy'-kee-o-metric) Ratio - Not an acronym, I know. But it comes up a lot and I don't have another good place for it. This is the theoretical perfect combustion ratio of 1 part gas to 14.7 parts air. It's theoretical to the boys in Detroit, but not by us. We use various tuning dodges to get around this fixed number and improve our fuel mileage thereby.

TPS: Throttle Position Sensor.

VCM: Vehicle Control Module. Yet another name for the ECU. Aren't acronyms fun?

VSS: Vehicle Speed Sensor.

WOT: Wide Open Throttle sensor.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.