Thread: Huge spacing @ 6mm Need info before changing

ShowMeHHO Guest

Huge spacing @ 6mm Need info before changing

Well my curiosity got the best of me and I cut open my Hydrogen generator today . The direction that came with it called for 2 tsp of KaOH and by the pic I knew he had allot of space but when I took it apart it was 6 mm . I know that he designed it this way for a reason and that at 3 mm or 1.5 one would surely use less Electrolizer . I took it down to 3 mm and started to glue it back together but figured I would wait and see what you guys say ..I know that 1 to 1.5 is supposed to best but I know also the guy designed it the way he did for a reason ..Heat has to be watched as it is a schedule 40 cannister but again wouldn't 1.5 mm spacing and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of electrolizer have same results ...Plates are + n n n n n - same spacing through out

justaguy Guest
    Yeah, 6mm is pretty wide. 3mm or less would be better I think. Its not just for lower electrolyte but sometimes the correct spacing is the magic answer depending on the design. I think closer spacing would be better also when you have neutrals , this helps the current flow from neutral to neutral. Just my opinion.

bigapple Guest
    it shouldnt get too hot with the amount of neutrals ur using. the closer the plates, the less distance the current has to flow to other plates to produce gas and u produce more as a result. id say go for 1.5 to 3. somewhere in that range ull be safe and production will be good.

after u get it back together, remeasure ur amount of electrolyte and see ur current draw and temp. get it at the target and ur set