Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plans for a "dry" cell??

HomeGrown Guest
    Wow, that's an EXTREMELY high concentration of koh! Does that have anything to do with the serious overheating issue? I thought these dry cells were basically immune from overheating? Or at least that is what some sellers would have you to believe.

Seals shouldn't be an issue with these cells, if they are designed properly (including appropriate seal material and construction).

The issue of leaks is foremost in my mind....I would think that the gasket material is going to have be something that withstands a lot of temp fluctuation, and is not going to become brittle from all the heat up/cool down cycles.

My thought was that since this design seems like it will circulate the fluid (as long as the tank is setup in such a way that its somewhat above the cell), and would provide cooler operation.

There is no way I would venture into a solution that has a concentration that high.....just asking for trouble.

After looking at the tero cell PDF, the electrical hook ups are no longer a mystery.... but my mind tells me that there has got to be a specific pattern to the holes through the plates.....just haven't gotten my head around that one yet.
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

Quote Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
    Very nice looking cell. I counted 21 plates, but the wiring he shows on the side view doesn't appear to coincide with his stated configuration of +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+
    i think if you look again at the connections it is connected as
    +nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+nnn- =21 plates 5 parallel cells
    but he is selling as
    +nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+ =21 plates 4 parallel cells