Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $5 a gallon in the southeast

Cadillac Guest

$5 a gallon in the southeast

I must say gas started the day at $3.58 a gallon for regular at the beginning of the day. It is currently $4.99. Glad I got my system working good. Thanks in part to this site.

I realize that this hurricane in not effecting everybody in the US. Please people quite hording the gas. Just because gas prices are expected to stay this way does not mean you all have to line up to fill up the car/truck. That makes the prices go up more. Currently there are several gas stations completely out of gas in my area because of the hording. Some are putting money amount restrictions so they don't run out.

QUITE HORDING THE GAS IT ONLY MAKES IT HARDER ON YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE.

sm0kin Guest
    every gas station all day their were lines and lines of people. My wife filled up this morning and put $130 in my suburban. DAMN YOU IKE, DAMN YOU...

Haywire Haywood Guest
    What I don't understand is why the price of gas is going up at all. Up to now, nothing has happened and there is no shortage or interruption of supply. This is all bull just anticipating what MIGHT happen. The state of KY has declared a State of Emergency just so they can prosecute anyone price gouging gas, groceries and building supplies.

It's frikkin ridiculous.
    Ian

HHOinKY Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire Haywood View Post
    What I don't understand is why the price of gas is going up at all. Up to now, nothing has happened and there is no shortage or interruption of supply. This is all bull just anticipating what MIGHT happen. The state of KY has declared a State of Emergency just so they can prosecute anyone price gouging gas, groceries and building supplies.

It's frikkin ridiculous.
    Ian
    I live in KY, and everyone I've talked to thinks it's ridiculous. Gas is $3.99 here is Louisville.

Chris65 Guest
    It is typical price gouging by the oil companies. The one thing that always hacked me off is when the crude prices go up. The gas stations raise their prices instantly, even though the gas in their holding tanks was made with the cheaper oil. Then when the price of crude goes back down, they hold the gas prices for a few days and tell you that the gas in the holding tanks was made with the more expensive crude.

In my opinion, the whole oil and gas industry consists of bottom feeding parasites.

i wish i only paid $4.99 for a gallon
    or $1.32 ltr = £0.76p ltr
    (1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres)

here in the uk we pay £5.46 = $9.56 a gallon
    or $2.10 ltr = £1.20 ltr
    (1 UK gallon = 4.55 litres)

Jaxom Guest
    Cadillac you are not alone. Here in Tuscaloosa, approximately 40% of the gas stations are completely out of fuel, but it's not just due to people hoarding. One of my customers drives a truck for one of the local fuel distributors (delivering to gas stations) and he said over a week ago that his company had restricted deliveries to about half the normal rate due to a supply shortage. This is not an overnight thing, it's just that the general population (at least in my area) didn't find out about it until yesterday when the gas stations started limiting fuel sales to 10 gallons per customer and all hell broke loose.

BTW where are you located?

$4.99 sounds good to me too. here in Canada, in BC where I live it's $1.48/L = $5.62/US gallon, for premium it's $ 1.63L = $6.19/US gallon.

justaguy Guest
    Its not only the oil companies, its the gas stations too. At one station they had long lines waiting and the freaking owner went out and raised the price 50 cents per gallon. Everyone lined up should have backed up and left, that would been funny.

We had long gas lines for the last two days. I just went and got gas(no lines)and paid 3.49 a gallon. The wierd thing is I'm 180 miles north of Houston.