Thread: Leaks!!

Leaks!!

I Keep getting leaks at the studs. 3 times I installed it and re-installed... Honestly I'm tired Can anyone tell me what to use to help or do to stop this from doing this. I've used rubber groments with glue, silcon glues and epoxy.., Sitting on my work bench again. Waiting to let epoxy get hard... Any suggestions?

If your studs are threaded you could get some teflon thread sealing tape and use that. I've used it a lot for hose barbs and Ít works great with a good thread.

I usually make the thread by drilling the hole then screwing in the bolt or barb (metal version) after I've heated it up with the blow torch. Screw it in tight then let it cool before removing and wrapping a few winds of the tape.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Are you talking teflon thread tape you use for piprs and so on? Also do'nt' you use zny glur around the threaded studes at all?

Excuse my typing word errors. New keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    Are you talking teflon thread tape you use for piprs and so on? Also do'nt' you use zny glur around the threaded studes at all?
    Just normal teflon thread tape, if you make a good thread then three or four wraps are all you need.

Lowes sells it in the plumbing section, its on a white reel with a blue cover.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

I have it incuding a liquid teflon tape they have out now...I really thank you for that info... I ne ver thought of it and it'll save me a heck of alot of brain damage... Thanks again