Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge 04 5.7ltr

Rgrey9 Guest

Dodge 04 5.7ltr

I have a 04 Dodge 1500 with a 5.7 Here is what I have installed so far:
    1 liter water filter style generator with 7 SS blank electrical plates and 12Ga copper wire to them (I need to change this)
    Bubbler made out of 1.5" PVC pipe with the hose piped into the top of the air intake at the manifold
    I have the system switched to the ignition through a relay with a PWM installed(right now it is tuned all the way on)
    I have installed a MAP sensor enhancer to lean the regular fuel
    I am using 2tsp/ gal of baking soda for electrolyte
    Right now it takes 5min to produce 1ltr of hydrogen
    I am getting 17mpg (originally 14mpg)
    I'm trying some different formulas with baking soda and have some KOH ordered

RGrey9

Uwee Guest
    Can you tell me how many times you ran those millage tests? Also what millage do you get stock and how much after the MAP sensor change? That mod to the truck alone should net a 2mpg increase or so.

Interesting results, I have an 06 ram with the 4.7. I'm generating 1.25LPM and am seeing a 1mpg extra on the highway, however, around town at 30mpg I am getting an extra 5 mpg. This tells me that 1.25LPM just isn't enough for higher speeds than 30mph (rpm wise), I'm surprised you're getting any gains from the HHO.

I'm not running any other mods at the moment, other than the HHO.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

hygear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Interesting results, I have an 06 ram with the 4.7. I'm generating 1.25LPM and am seeing a 1mpg extra on the highway, however, around town at 30mpg I am getting an extra 5 mpg. This tells me that 1.25LPM just isn't enough for higher speeds than 30mph (rpm wise), I'm surprised you're getting any gains from the HHO.

I'm not running any other mods at the moment, other than the HHO.
    There are a couple of inexpensive mods that may add a small percentage of mileage gains for you.The IAT and ECT mods are simple and cost about $3.oo.Install a 10k ohm resistor in paralell across the IAT sensor wire and a 3.9k-6.8k resistor across your ECT sensor wire.Radio Shack or any other electronics store has them.I noticed a small gain after installing these on my truck.These and a map enhancer are all the mods I run at present.

Rgrey9 Guest
    I have been Just running my MPG tests just using my on board readout, but I am starting to wonder how accurate this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgrey9 View Post
    I have been Just running my MPG tests just using my on board readout, but I am starting to wonder how accurate this is?
    I have an 06 4.7 Ram with the overhead readout, I ran a few tests against a tank and a calculator and found it was accurate to about half an MPG.

Stack Guest
    I have an 06 Dodge Ram 5.7 and my question is how do I get my relay to turn on and feed power to my HHO Generator when my ignition key is turned on, and off again when my key is removed. All of the wires in my ignition switch are working on ohms for theft deterrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stack View Post
    I have an 06 Dodge Ram 5.7 and my question is how do I get my relay to turn on and feed power to my HHO Generator when my ignition key is turned on, and off again when my key is removed. All of the wires in my ignition switch are working on ohms for theft deterrant.
    Here's what I did on my 06 ram 4.7L:

Buy an 'add-a-circuit', NAPA has them but they are called 'add-a-line'.

Install the add-a-circuit into the PWR/RUN fuse in the fuse box.

Run the wire from the add-a-circuit to the trigger terminal on your relay.

Rgrey9 Guest
    thanks, I guess the mpg read out is accurate. I received the KOH and starting out with 2tsp/ltr I am getting 1ltr of hydrogen per min so we will see what mpg that translates into.

Stack Guest
    My 2006 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi has HHO on it for 3 days now. I am reading the mpg computer readout thing on the ceiling(between driver and passenger side) of my truck, above my rear view mirror. I was at a consistent 11.5 forever until I added this HHO generator, and now two o2 sensor extenders. I haven't measured the litre output of the generator, but the computer readout thing tells me I'm getting 14.5 mpg. It's drawing 25 amps. 3 mpg is a 26% increase, which translates into about $29 worth of gas savings. However, I am hoping to get 30% to 50% increase. I guess I should do the wiring up the box thing next that is between the o2 sensors and the MAP computer????? Any suggestons for me? Should I really have added the o2 extenders so soon??? My bubbler is bubbling like an S.O.B. and the generator is almost completely full of HHO bubbles.