Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge 04 5.7ltr

Rgrey9 Guest
    I am still leaning but everything I am reading and finding out through my own experiments says that you can add the hydrogen but you have to lean out the fuel to gain mpg, I did it through a MAP sensor enhancer. Also make sure your onboard readout is reading mpg not liters per kilometer, I made that mistake not realizing it would read either way. What size generator are you using and let me know when you measure your lpm

Quote Originally Posted by Stack View Post
    My 2006 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi has HHO on it for 3 days now. I am reading the mpg computer readout thing on the ceiling(between driver and passenger side) of my truck, above my rear view mirror. I was at a consistent 11.5 forever until I added this HHO generator, and now two o2 sensor extenders. I haven't measured the litre output of the generator, but the computer readout thing tells me I'm getting 14.5 mpg. It's drawing 25 amps. 3 mpg is a 26% increase, which translates into about $29 worth of gas savings. However, I am hoping to get 30% to 50% increase. I guess I should do the wiring up the box thing next that is between the o2 sensors and the MAP computer????? Any suggestons for me? Should I really have added the o2 extenders so soon??? My bubbler is bubbling like an S.O.B. and the generator is almost completely full of HHO bubbles.

I tried o2 extenders on my Dodge and got tired of check light constantly coming on and clearing it.Finally put them in the round file where they belong.If you want mileage gains with a dodge you will have to install an o2 efie,also a map enhancer.Other mods such as iat and ect sesnsors,using 10k and 6.8k ohm resistors wired in paralell.These mods will aid in leaning,the ecm will accept the enhancer mods a little easier without going to open loop.

When trying to hho tune a dodge patience is your best tool for they are a royal pain to dial in.It may take longer than a week slowly bringing up both o2 and map enhancers a bit at a time so you won't freak out the ecm to go into open loop and have to start from scratch.

Good luck with your tuning

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    Other mods such as iat and ect sesnsors,using 10k and 6.8k ohm resistors wired in paralell.These mods will aid in leaning,the ecm will accept the enhancer mods a little easier without going to open loop.
    If I modify the ECT in this way, will it effect the readout of the coolant temp gauge in the dash? ... or is this fed by separate input?
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    If I modify the ECT in this way, will it effect the readout of the coolant temp gauge in the dash? ... or is this fed by separate input?
    Yes you will see a small rise on the temp gauge but it's a false reading that will allow the ecm to slightly retard the timing which is needed if you're applying a sufficient ammount of hho.A 6.8k resistor wired in paralell should do the trick.You may experience some cold start issues with this mod and if it becomes a problem you may have to try other resistors.I started with a 3.9k res. first and found it to be too much and had difficulties with cold starts in the mornings.Remember all vehicles are different and what works on some may not on others,it's a trial and error process but not a difficult one.There is one thing you can do though is wire the mod to a switch in the cab and after the motor warms up a min. you can switch over.

Wink Hi to all Dodge Owners

I been in the HHO stuff by a year or so, start building a W4G device(didn't use it) it doesn't work, then I build a Tube Cell, it works but to many heat, then I make a Smack Booster, (I use it for 2 months) it works well but I targeting for more production less heat, and this is how I ended building a Tero Dry Cell, works very well, not to hot (100F tops), and the production is good, still have the issue of putting another Dry Cell to doubled the production and start to see a real gas savings, but right now, my pickup has gained power and smoothness running engine and the reduction in contaminants from the exaust.
    1995 Dodge Ram 2500 extended cab.
    V8 5.9L 360
    16 Plates Dry Cell
    MAP and EFIE mods.

tomisnt Guest

Count me in

I have a 06 dakota with a 4.7. I added about 1.2-1.6 HHO from a 21 plate cell with a double bubbler. Like painless, the HHO alone only gained me about 1+ MPG over my baseline milage. (I drive sometimes 400 miles a week with a confusing combination of city and hiway. Hence, a long term baseline is my measuring stick.)

I tried two sets of O2 extenders, one on all 4 O2 sensors. (CA package)

I added a MAP and gained 10% with no codes. Yep, no codes. I was too chicken to crank it up any more than that due to fear of overheating the pistons.(More later)

But, I had to pull the cell last weekend to fix a leak and unground my negative post for a PWM. This weekend I will put the cell back in with one of shanes PWMs added.

I said no codes. That is, until I unhooked everything.... I reset the computer.

I also tapped the front O2 sensors for an EFIE that I will be installing soon. After reading painless's and other's reports of EFies on CA emissions vehicles, I am conerned that I will have problems.

I am curious how Alpha Dog and Painless came out on theirs.

I was going to start a dodge 4.7 thread but saw yours and jumped in on this one. I will share more info as I get it.

tomisnt Guest
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the O2 extenders did nothing for me

Here's the bad news....

You are going to need somewhere between 4 and 5 LPM of HHO to make a difference on that engine. The few MPG I gained were due to leaning and not HHO.

O2 extenders don't work, as you've already noticed, you will need to EFIE the oxygen sensors both before and after the CAT.

The 4.7 is a tough nut to crack, but I believe it can be done.

Russ.

I didn't buy an EFIE for mine, I built a circuit to replace the 2.5v BIAS signal with the output from an adjustable voltage regulator. You can find more info on my thread, works out a LOT cheaper in the end.

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomisnt View Post
    I have a 06 dakota with a 4.7. I added about 1.2-1.6 HHO from a 21 plate cell with a double bubbler. Like painless, the HHO alone only gained me about 1+ MPG over my baseline milage. (I drive sometimes 400 miles a week with a confusing combination of city and hiway. Hence, a long term baseline is my measuring stick.)

I tried two sets of O2 extenders, one on all 4 O2 sensors. (CA package)

I added a MAP and gained 10% with no codes. Yep, no codes. I was too chicken to crank it up any more than that due to fear of overheating the pistons.(More later)

But, I had to pull the cell last weekend to fix a leak and unground my negative post for a PWM. This weekend I will put the cell back in with one of shanes PWMs added.

I said no codes. That is, until I unhooked everything.... I reset the computer.

I also tapped the front O2 sensors for an EFIE that I will be installing soon. After reading painless's and other's reports of EFies on CA emissions vehicles, I am conerned that I will have problems.

I am curious how Alpha Dog and Painless came out on theirs.

I was going to start a dodge 4.7 thread but saw yours and jumped in on this one. I will share more info as I get it.
    I'm finally getting my system back together. I've been doing a lot of research and applying that new knowledge. I took my sid cell and split it into 2 electrolysers with a total of 4 stacks and 5 N plates in each stack. Also I've plasti-dipped the holes. I've built a resevior simular to painless's and a new bubbler. I have quad EFIE's installed and a MAP resistor. My biggest change is with the pwm's. I'll be using 2 modified MX067's ( P-channel fets ) ( current limit circuit ). I'm still thinking about making them run at 25khz to 50khz. I should be up and running this weekend.
    Russ