Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge 04 5.7ltr

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
    I'm finally getting my system back together. I've been doing a lot of research and applying that new knowledge. I took my sid cell and split it into 2 electrolysers with a total of 4 stacks and 5 N plates in each stack. Also I've plasti-dipped the holes. I've built a resevior simular to painless's and a new bubbler. I have quad EFIE's installed and a MAP resistor. My biggest change is with the pwm's. I'll be using 2 modified MX067's ( P-channel fets ) ( current limit circuit ). I'm still thinking about making them run at 25khz to 50khz. I should be up and running this weekend.
    Russ
    Looking forward to seeing your results, Russ. Really interested in the P channel fet setup. If it works well, I could easily replace my FETs I suppose.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

tomisnt Guest

quad efies

We are all curious how you come out with the quad efies alpha. Have you tested adding voltage yet? what's a good starting point?

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your results, Russ. Really interested in the P channel fet setup. If it works well, I could easily replace my FETs I suppose.
    Your fet's are easy to change. The current limit comparator is a bit harder
    Russ

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomisnt View Post
    We are all curious how you come out with the quad efies alpha. Have you tested adding voltage yet? what's a good starting point?
    Start at 150 mvdc on both post and pre cat O2's.
    Russ

tomisnt Guest

Over leaning

One of my big fears will be overleaning. I don't have an exaust gage and really don't want to drill and tap one in right now.$$$) I have a laser temp probe that I have been getting a manifold baseline temprature from. I pull off the highway when the engine is warm and quickly shoot the temprature on the exaust manifolds.

I plan to do the same with conservative leaning methods. I am not up on normal exaust tempratures and what is too hot. I know that the manifold surface temprature has to be lower than the real exaust temprature as well.

what is a safe and questionable temprature range?

One of my big fears will be overleaning. I don't have an exaust gage and really don't want to drill and tap one in right now.$$$) I have a laser temp probe that I have been getting a manifold baseline temprature from. I pull off the highway when the engine is warm and quickly shoot the temprature on the exaust manifolds.

I plan to do the same with conservative leaning methods. I am not up on normal exaust tempratures and what is too hot. I know that the manifold surface temprature has to be lower than the real exaust temprature as well.

what is a safe and questionable temprature range?
    Tom,

Your method is not safe, I have an EGT and can tell you that from a full throttle run (which takes my exhaust past 1500-1600 F) the temp on the gauge is back down to normal in seconds.

Also, bare in mind that the exhaust gases won't raise the header temp fast enough for you to see the difference.

Drilling and tapping the exhaust is a lot easier than it sounds, the gauges can be had for $100. An engine rebuild will cost a lot more.

I started with 150 mv on my 05 ram 5.7 hemi and currently running 300 mv on both pre and post cats with no issues.I've found very little mpg gains (if any)running 150mv up to 375 mv.After all you are compensating for the additional O2 in the exhaust flow using HHO adding the extra voltage.I've also found that periodic reset is necessary because the ecm will catch on to extra voltage and compensate for that.I've found that on the Dodge ram 5.7 that around 300mv is ideal along with the periodic ecm reset because the ecm won't set the P0132 and Po152 codes if you keep the mv no higher than 300

If you go too high or reset code over 325mv your ecm will go to openloop and show codes:

P0132, P0138, P0144, P0152 O2s shorted to voltage.

If you try to overlean your ecm will go to open loop and show codes:

P0171 1/1 fuel system lean
    P0174 2/1 fuel system lean

The Dodge ecm will protect from motor damage from overleaning it's a built in failsafe

tomisnt Guest

EGTs

Hi Painlees:

Who iis a good source for EGTs?

Hi Painlees:

Who iis a good source for EGTs?
    I have this EGT in my truck:

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/elite...pyrometer.aspx

This one looks to be pretty good value too:

http://www.kitoautosport.com/store/i...products_id=81

Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by hg2 View Post
    I started with 150 mv on my 05 ram 5.7 hemi and currently running 300 mv on both pre and post cats with no issues.I've found very little mpg gains (if any)running 150mv up to 375 mv.After all you are compensating for the additional O2 in the exhaust flow using HHO adding the extra voltage.I've also found that periodic reset is necessary because the ecm will catch on to extra voltage and compensate for that.I've found that on the Dodge ram 5.7 that around 300mv is ideal along with the periodic ecm reset because the ecm won't set the P0132 and Po152 codes if you keep the mv no higher than 300

If you go too high or reset code over 325mv your ecm will go to openloop and show codes:

P0132, P0138, P0144, P0152 O2s shorted to voltage.

If you try to overlean your ecm will go to open loop and show codes:

P0171 1/1 fuel system lean
    P0174 2/1 fuel system lean

The Dodge ecm will protect from motor damage from overleaning it's a built in failsafe
    hg2,

Have you done any work with the IAT sensor? 10k and down resistance in parallel with it will tell the ECU that the incoming air temp is lower and allow you to lean further.

From the research I've done, I've concluded that the O2's should simply be used to return fuel trims to normal and leaning / limit setting should be done through the IAT and MAP sensors.

Russ.