Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dodge 04 5.7ltr

What about this I was looking at www.o2simulator.com they have a thermocoupler that gave me an idea. I am at work so didnt do anymore than a few min. of research and maybe this is what they are doing. What would happen if we used a timer circuit/o2 simulator that was tied into an EGT sensor for its mixture adjutments rather than oxygen content use the actual exhaust temp for the adjustment this may be tough though do to naturally increase temps with load... just throwing out some swirling thoughts in my head. I think this would requir further computer integration unfortunatly.

stl_hemi Guest
    Wouldn't putting a smaller injector and reducing rail psi be damaging? Your going to starve the motor of fuel. Creat Knock Retard and the end result is a damaged piston and head?

it would depend on how much you do reduce the fuel flow in relationship in to your HHO i would think the idea would be to maintain a safe stoichiometric mixture not leaning to unsafe mixtures. Since vehicles are all different o2 simulators would eliminate the issues with fuel trim limitations since the pcm would know no difference. We would have to ensure proper mixture with a A/F gauge and/or EGT gauge kinda risky but if taken in small cautious steps may be possible. I dont see a need to decrease injector size and reduce pressure just reducing pressure would be sufficient but fuel rail pressure sensor signal would have to be modified as well for those who have them.

Quote Originally Posted by stl_hemi View Post
    Only way I'm going to get further into the 20+mpg range hwy is if I add more hydroxy or dump my 4.10's for 4.56 gears.
    I thought that changing 4.10 for 4.56 would make FE worse. Higher the number, the higher the engine revs at the same speed, EX. 1st gear vs 5th.

From the dodge forums, it seems that a lot of guys are getting mpg gains from the 4.56 gears. I need to check which ones mine has (I used to sell them but can't remember). I'm also wondering how easy it is to change them? My 4.7 has an LSD so I hope changing them won't effect that?

Other guys are reporting better MPG by changing the transmission control module for one from a jeep grand cherokee.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

stl_hemi Guest
    Because the Hemi likes to live between 1800-2100rpms on the hwy. A MDS Hemi with 4.56 gears and stock as a rock with that setup get's low 20's hwy. It's been proven alot.