Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An alternative To EFIE

redneckgearhead34 Guest

An alternative To EFIE

I believe I have found an alternative to an EFIE.

Correct me if I am wrong but the more volts the computer recieves from the O2 sensor the leaner the fuel mixture becomes.

I was thinking why not just have a AA battery that adds a little voltage at a time. My goal is to be able to add .1v at a time.

I believe I have got it close.

A fixed 100 ohm resister in series with a variable resister you can tune to 1400 ohms.

This is what if found as the potentiometer http://potentiometer.com/MW10.cfm?se...08091612385762

I had the same idea a short while back, I only got HHO running in my truck today so haven't approached ECU mods yet.

I was thinking of taking 12v from the vehicle, running it through a 5v regulator and using a fixed resistor and variable pot to add to the voltage.

A guy on youtube had the same idea and actually built the unit.

I was also thinking that it would be good for the circuit to have a cap, to ensure the voltage never goes over 0.9 as some ECU's will flag a bad o2 if this happens.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

The guy on youtube is madscientist67. Check out his video's of his COSM.

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    I saw the video but I currently dont have any sound. Is he trying to say that the COSM simulates the 02 sensor and the real 02 sensor isn't actually plugged into ECU? I will watch it again when I can get back home

SpecHunter Guest

Efiee mod

I just built the one that the utube guy did yesterday and installed it this morning. I`m going to build my dual maf/map tomorrow. It seems to work.

93 sable wagon
    ss lowes plate design 4 mpg w/out efiee

SpecHunter Guest
    The same guys (mad scientist/zerofossilfuel) are working on a small venturi orfice that installs in your airintake ductwork to enhance intake vacuum . He has a video on that too.

hhocavalier Guest
    i built one of thies with a 100k potentiometer and a single aa battery holder from radioshake, it cost me $7. to build and i added volts till the o2 wasent reading any lower then .45 at any time and it works great so far. im going to run threw a tank or 2 before i say its perfect

JonDoh Guest
    Yea... that's what some call the Poor Man's EFIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHJ9te7gvk

I'm having a really confusing time trying to get this to work on my Ram, here's a very crude (quickly drawn) picture of what my circuit and wiring looks like:

When I connect up a voltmeter to *JUST* the adder circuit (negative to battery negative, positive to pot output) I can easily create between 0 and 600 millivolts by turning the pot. However, when I connect up to my vehicle two things happen:

1) The signal does not fluctuate as much as it should and sometimes not at all.

2) Turning the pot makes no difference to the O2 signal whatsoever.

Btw, when checking the O2 voltage with the circuit I have my voltmeter positive touched on the pot output and the voltmeter negative connected to vehicle ground.

I'm guessing that it is my trucks weird 2.5v base signal that is causing problems here, can anyone with a bit more electrical knowhow help me out?

I think the best device would be some kind of flow meter hooked up to our output line and use it as an input to the circuit that adjusts the O2 sensor reading.

Ultimately, we want the ECU to use the flow info in its calculations.

perhaps someone will make an inline module that will take that signal and modify all the other appropriate signals before the computer.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s