Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An alternative To EFIE

redneckgearhead34 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDoh View Post
    Yea... that's what some call the Poor Man's EFIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHJ9te7gvk
    I liked this guys fuel flow meter i think is what it is? Dang I wish I had all day to work on this stuff

Been doing some reading up on pots and how they should be wired, looks like that's my problem (never realised they were that complicated!). Looks like I need to provide my base voltage (o2 sensor output) to the left-hand connection (looking down onto the top) and my 1.5v to the right-hand side. The signal to the ECU will come from the center.

Can't wait to try this tomorrow morning.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

SpecHunter Guest
    A standard single gang pot is shown in Figure 5. The important external bits are shown so you can refer to them as needed. I have (somewhat arbitrarily) numbered the terminals as 1, 2 and 3. Terminal 2 is the wiper. For a "standard" volume control application, 1 is normally connected to ground, the input is applied to 3, and the output taken from 2 (wiper) allowing the output to be varied from ground (no signal) to input (maximum signal).

Just an article I found that helped me.

Spechunter, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I had read up on pots and got to grips with the ground / wiper and output but just realised why my 3v input cannot augment a signal which is up to 3.5 volts.

Thanks again!

Russ.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

SpecHunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painless View Post
    Spechunter, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I had read up on pots and got to grips with the ground / wiper and output but just realised why my 3v input cannot augment a signal which is up to 3.5 volts.

Thanks again!

Russ.
    No problem... I just posted a new thread with an easy maf/map schematic if you need it..

theramsey3 Guest
    i have found a schematic for a dual efie that gets its power from a 12vdc power source and will cost less than $15 to build http://www.alt-nrg.org/efie.html
    and the link for the parts list http://www.alt-nrg.org/efiepl.html
    I have found on my '92 FORD Ranger 2.3L 2x4 that just modifying the MAF that i still have a problem with the computer richening the mixture and i sometimes get the cel because the o2 says its running lean so when i get my money right i will build one of these efie's and post my results

The efie I've used...

I am currently using two "poor mans" efies and have had no problems with them. I use a fixed resistor, a pot and a 9v battery. I installed test lead jacks so I can read the O2 sensor voltage/efie voltage and a DPDT switch so I can disengage the bias voltage if I'm not injecting HHO. I'm happy with the 9v batteries life. My truck's efie battery has been maintaining for @ 5 months. The only draw back is I have to remember to shut it off when I shut the truck off so the battery doesn't drain. I tried making them from voltage regulators powered by the vehicles 12vdc source, but learned the hard way about why the efie voltage needs to "float". Eagle Researches design is sweet! Take DC in, regulate it, create AC, couple the AC to an iso transformer, rectify the secondary, then run it through a "poor mans efie" circuit on the output. I bought two...for my current build.

An alternate To EFIE

If you add a general purpose diode to the battery circuit it will regulate the battery output and extend the life indefinitely. At least way longer than your car. For those electronic savy folks the forward drop on a diode is 0.7 to 0.5Volts which is just what you need for adding a few tenths to the oxygen sensor output.

Don't worry I am not selling anything but I have done a couple of videos and posted on youtube just search on Gforce1956